Anaheim asylum office applicants 2013.

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and this is my first post.I have severel questions to ask.Which is, if you get your interview time really fast is it good or bad?Here's my timeline:

Sent Application I-539 Oct 29,2013
Notice Received Nov 7,2013
Fingerprint Notice Received Nov 21,2013
Interview Notice Received Dec 5, 2013
Interview Date Dec 19, 2013 to Anaheim Office

Really fast interview/ application process time, is this a good thing or bad thing.I am really scared and stressed out
at this point and I am still in status till March 2014.Came on B1 visa with my wife in Sept 2013.I have a lawyer too and she will be there with me on the 19th.

Need input from the experienced applicant :(

Dont woory my friend thats normal process time good luck !

Last week me and my friend who is asylum applicant for almost a year decided to go to anaheim office to inquier about our cases after we notify our laywer and ask him to join us as he did . We went there last Wednesday our lawyer asked to meet the person who arrange interview oppointments for applicants and explained to her that me over 6 months and my friend is almost a year so she fixed a date to my friend but me she didnot and explained to me you are going to get your EAD so still early for you .

my point to all who pass a year and still with no interview notice I rocammand you to inquier your case with your attorney to go and ask the right person .

Attorney knew the organization chart of your local immigration office

Interview today

Friends, I had my interview done today at the Anaheim office by a very nice young lade name Jarvis.My appointment was at 10:30am but as usual I was called at 12:40pm, not bad, just a 2 hour wait period.Interview lasted untill 2:10pm.She was very nice and taking a lots of notes on the computer, she was very precise and on pinpoint asking questions of my case.She told me and my lawyer that a decision will be mailed to me in 2 weeks (she said either approved or intent to deny ) but she also added giving a thought of the holidays coming, it will be little more than couple of weeks.I was on point, precise and she never even asked me to see or check the original police reports or the newspaper articles or hostipal reports.Her name was Jarvis and she said she's been working there for just close to 3 months.

What do you guys thing about my chances?pretty fast things happened from Oct 29,2013 till now :( ...I am worried..i am still in status.

Friends, I had my interview done today at the Anaheim office by a very nice young lade name Jarvis.My appointment was at 10:30am but as usual I was called at 12:40pm, not bad, just a 2 hour wait period.Interview lasted untill 2:10pm.She was very nice and taking a lots of notes on the computer, she was very precise and on pinpoint asking questions of my case.She told me and my lawyer that a decision will be mailed to me in 2 weeks (she said either approved or intent to deny ) but she also added giving a thought of the holidays coming, it will be little more than couple of weeks.I was on point, precise and she never even asked me to see or check the original police reports or the newspaper articles or hostipal reports.Her name was Jarvis and she said she's been working there for just close to 3 months.

What do you guys thing about my chances?pretty fast things happened from Oct 29,2013 till now :( ...I am worried..i am still in status.

I'm so glad for you to meet a good interviewer. I hope I get the notice soon too. Don't worry a lot. You've just crossed over a large mountain. I really hope you're granted :) btw did she ask you for your I-94? Recently, (I think) I've lost mine so I'm thinking to replace a new one. I have a copy but you know, i don't wanna take chances. Is I-94 necessary for the interview? Good luck!!

she didn't ask for anything....my lawyer prepared everything with the i94....print ur i94 from online...

I'm so glad for you to meet a good interviewer. I hope I get the notice soon too. Don't worry a lot. You've just crossed over a large mountain. I really hope you're granted :) btw did she ask you for your I-94? Recently, (I think) I've lost mine so I'm thinking to replace a new one. I have a copy but you know, i don't wanna take chances. Is I-94 necessary for the interview? Good luck!!

i-94 not found online

my i-94 disappeared from online and it said record not found.I am guessing, since my application is pending, that's why the i-94 was removed from online.Any thoughts about that people?

Don't be worried if you lost your I-94. You can easily obtain one online.
https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov

and they don't issue those Old School I-94s. It's now available only online.

that's good , i hope you'll get approval as soon as possible

Last edited by a moderator:
Lilsab

I hope you will not be banned here because of releasing your interview experience

however that is good that interview lasted so long. And that asylum officer didn't behave as if wanted to trick you

Did you provide evidence when you submitted your case? Like fact that you are persecuted or were in past

Wish you luck. I am waiting for decision for more than month and my interview experience sounds pretty similar to yours, she was also taking notes and asking precise questions

I didn't know I could be banned for releasing interview experience.But anyways, yes all the evidence were submitted ( photocopied ) when my lawyer prepared the package.She didn't ask for the originals.My lawyer asked about the originals and she replied that she had those all in the packagae.I wish you luck too.

Last week me and my friend who is asylum applicant for almost a year decided to go to anaheim office to inquier about our cases after we notify our laywer and ask him to join us as he did . We went there last Wednesday our lawyer asked to meet the person who arrange interview oppointments for applicants and explained to her that me over 6 months and my friend is almost a year so she fixed a date to my friend but me she didnot and explained to me you are going to get your EAD so still early for you .

my point to all who pass a year and still with no interview notice I rocammand you to inquier your case with your attorney to go and ask the right person .

Attorney knew the organization chart of your local immigration office

hi thammad

i have a same situation like your friend my case has been pending about one year ,
can i go to the Anaheim office with my attorney and fix a date for interview ? are you sure ?
thats amazing news for me .
she made a certain date to your friend ?
and may i know she fixed a date soon or late for your friend ?

thanks a lot my friend

my i-94 disappeared from online and it said record not found.I am guessing, since my application is pending, that's why the i-94 was removed from online.Any thoughts about that people?

I am going to do my Biometrics tomorrow, I still have access to my I94 online. I think you should have too. Otherwise, I have no idea why!

gtaid1. Were a week apart I did my biometrics last Monday. 12/16/2013. Wishing us all the best in the quest for peace freedom and stability. I know we will get there. Happy holidays everyone.

I didn't know I could be banned for releasing interview experience.But anyways, yes all the evidence were submitted ( photocopied ) when my lawyer prepared the package.She didn't ask for the originals.My lawyer asked about the originals and she replied that she had those all in the packagae.I wish you luck too.

Well I was banned on this forum without explanation and my interview experience thread disappeared, so I thought that I was banned because of this. But admin never replied to my question so it is mistery for me why I was banned (my old nick was journalsit7)

I met many people my friends who also applied for asylum and where their cases were poorly prepared all interviews were done in 15 minutes or 30minutes and it was noticeable that asylum officer was kinda inattentive. When case is well prepared documented and evidence is submitted officers always seem attentive, take notes and ask precise questions.

So I think you will be approved and I wish I was too. Still waiting supervisor to review my case.

gtaid1. Were a week apart I did my biometrics last Monday. 12/16/2013. Wishing us all the best in the quest for peace freedom and stability. I know we will get there. Happy holidays everyone.

Thanks for your wishes. yeah, those are the only things I need, especially FREEDOM! I know we all will get them!
Happy holidays. Wish you the best SanAX.

Hello guys,
While waiting for the asylum case, what are the chances of finding a job before getting the EAD? how can a man make a living here? very expensive here at Anaheim and no income.
please help

Hello guys,
While waiting for the asylum case, what are the chances of finding a job before getting the EAD? how can a man make a living here? very expensive here at Anaheim and no income.
please help

dude, even if you find one, it is illegal to work, I'd rather borrow money or crash into a friend's room than working before EAD is in my hand.

It's been over 3 weeks and still waiting for my decision.And I am still in status.I was reading one article about an immigration attorney, where he mentioned that the longer the wait time after interview, the better the chances of having it approved.The officer after the interview did say that i will get a decision by mail in 2 weeks but uptill now nothing :( . Really stressed out and worried about what outcome will come.My interview lasted close to one and a half hours and officer was very precise and i answered it to the point.The waiting is killing me :(

It's been over 3 weeks and still waiting for my decision.And I am still in status.I was reading one article about an immigration attorney, where he mentioned that the longer the wait time after interview, the better the chances of having it approved.The officer after the interview did say that i will get a decision by mail in 2 weeks but uptill now nothing :( . Really stressed out and worried about what outcome will come.My interview lasted close to one and a half hours and officer was very precise and i answered it to the point.The waiting is killing me :(

don't worry my friend , i read your comment , my friend was in status like you and he waited for decision about 9 months yes my friend 9 months
if i'm not mistake you went to interview very soon my friend went interview very soon like you but i'm out of status and my case has been pending 1 year just for interview in Anaheim office
you should patient my friend
we don't know maybe tomorrow you will get your approval decision
but you remember if they deny you tell you as soon as possible don't worry my friend :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i've been waiting for interview notice about 6 months already :( it is so a waste of time. It is just sad that not being able to do anything. I'm going to apply for EAD soon. Can I go to college while my case is pending like this? Is it possible?