• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

An urgent question to all the DV winners who got their visas

directlink2007

Registered Users (C)
Hello everybody, :)

When the US embassy took your passport to issue you the DV immigration visa...

Did they only give you the brown envelopes along with your passport back?

Did they stamp your passport or put any sticker on it?

Your soonest replies are the most appreciated.

Best regards,

They put a sticker in my passport with the immigrant visa. Besides my passport and the brown envelope, they sent me some extra informations about social security and income tax (there's nothing written in it that I didn't already know) and a flyer for the "Welcome to the U.S."-brochure (where to download it).

They put a sticker in my passport with the immigrant visa. Besides my passport and the brown envelope, they sent me some extra informations about social security and income tax (there's nothing written in it that I didn't already know) and a flyer for the "Welcome to the U.S."-brochure (where to download it).

That's pretty much it. If your case required additional administrative processing, like mine did, they'll probably put an annotation on the immigrant visa itself stating "clearance received on mm/dd/yyyy". I guess that's to alert the CBP (Customs and Border Protection) officer that you've already been checked out...

right

yap that is it u ve nothing to worry about . just go and buy ur plane ticket and welcome to america full of honey

They gave me all the originals of my documents back before I left the embassy after the "interview"

hello

They gave me all the originals of my documents back before I left the embassy after the "interview"

yes tht is the procedures they dont ve anything ro do wth ur original doc. they are for verification exercise.

Dear bahadur007,

My interview was on October,07 at Dhaka. My case is now under additional processing. Can you please tell me how long it will take to complete my process. Also tell me how the embassy will contact (phone/email/letter) with me? What actually additional processing mean?

Regards
Zahid

Hi all
My wife ist pettioner winner DV 2008, on her form she filled that she had a job (still working) as saleswoman, but in the end of the october she quit her job (job in my country not in USA), we have an interview on dezember 6 2007, so what kind of proof (document) we should have to proof that she quit here job (resigned) because in DS forms is written that she is still working (present), in intention to not have any trouble in embassy about it.
Please be kind and inform us about further action, in intention that US Embassy refused giving us the visa.
Thank you in advance

You get an immigrant visa in your passport which is valid for one year. Also the brown envelope to be opened By US official , welcome to USA brochure and info on some other stuff.

You get an immigrant visa in your passport which is valid for one year. Also the brown envelope to be opened By US official , welcome to USA brochure and info on some other stuff.

The maximum validity of the immigrant visa is six months, though it could be shorter, depending on when your medical expires (the medical is valid for one year). Mine was only valid for three months because of the expiry date of my medical.

Hello everybody :)
Thanks for your support
I got my visa :cool:
Good luck to all of you
Kindest regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
Validity of Immigrant Visa

Immigrant visa is valid for 6 months and not 1 year. Upon endorsement at the POE it will serve as a temporary "Green Card" and will be valid for 1 year.

The maximum validity of the immigrant visa is six months, though it could be shorter, depending on when your medical expires (the medical is valid for one year). Mine was only valid for three months because of the expiry date of my medical.

How can we find the expiration date of our medicals? How did you know that your medical was only valid for three months? anybody who can answer please help!

how can we find the exipiry date of our medicals? How did you know that your medical was valid only for 3 months? anybody who can answer I ll appreciate!