Ammended 140??

tumpi

Hi -

Can anyone tell me what is an Ammended 140? How long does it take (in general and/or at Vermont). I already have my original 140 approved and am preparing documents for Consular Processing at New Delhi. I have been asked to obtained an Ammended 140 because my employer's name changed (Just a name changed, no business change in any respect).

Is there a way I can find out if New Delhi Consulate requires this ammended I-140, any press releases, any hard documents

Thanks

140 Amendment

It is better to get the 140 amended, as the company name changed. It will not create confusion in future. I think you lawayer has to mark the envelop as "Expedite" or something. Please check with your lawyer.

Just my 2 cents.

tumpi said:
Hi -

Can anyone tell me what is an Ammended 140? How long does it take (in general and/or at Vermont). I already have my original 140 approved and am preparing documents for Consular Processing at New Delhi. I have been asked to obtained an Ammended 140 because my employer's name changed (Just a name changed, no business change in any respect).

Is there a way I can find out if New Delhi Consulate requires this ammended I-140, any press releases, any hard documents

Thanks
You need 140 amendment for CP cases. Remember CP will not give you a chance of RFE.

mine also had ammended I-140 (after filing I-485) because the company got bought by another.... didn't take that long, in fact it was in couple of months you get ammended I-140.... its always a good idea to keep records straight with CIS, you never know what they are thinking! :rolleyes:

I filed amended I-140 in Sep 2003, and application is still pending. My I-140 amendment was filed after 17 months into I-485, RD for my I-485 is April 2002, need less to say its still pending.

Read in AB's accent:

Thakuron ko jyada darna chahiye - VSC main Gabbar ke aadmi hain. Suna hai Kaaliya bhi wahin ghoom raha hai.

Jin gaon walon ne extra fees di hai - unke liye Sambha ne memo bhi nikala hai. Veeru aur Jai 485 approval ka wait kar rahe hain, Basanti ka LC DOL main dhool kha raha hai. Bas Dhanno ka GC hi aaya hai bas sirf Dhanno ka.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even I am

I asked bcos of ur id. Good ole Ranchi - tagore hill, Jagannath mandir and of course kanke pagalkhana. Even I was there for a while...

yeppo said:
I asked bcos of ur id. Good ole Ranchi - tagore hill, Jagannath mandir and of course kanke pagalkhana. Even I was there for a while...

:D I never lived in last place that you mentioned.

If U dont mind my asking so which school/college did you attend and years if you so please. And yes I too was rejected at Kanke. I may qualify after waiting 5 years for the GC !!!

People who were accpeted in Kanke are now on Gabbar's side and working for USCIS - most of them are employed in VSC - beware. :D

Ah let me work - I will get disturbed if I think more about falls and fields, mountains and valleys, mandar beats and Palash trees, jungle and wildlife, SwarnRekha and Netarhat - so many stuff.

PM me your phone number and real name.