AM I SURPRISED OR SHOCKED ??? Please Help -Hanuman

Hanuman

Registered Users (C)
Friends since last two or three months I was in the impression that my case is transfered to local INS office in Newark New Jersey. This was because my lawyer\'s assistant got this info from IIO over the phone. I called up IIO and got the same info but there was no notice till today so I was very upset as Newark office was not giving me any answers and just throwing me back to VSC and asking me to get copy of the notice.

I called IIO just five minutes back and NOW THEY ARE SAYING THAT THE CASE IN NOT TRANSFRED ANY WHERE AND IT WILL BE REVIEWED IN TWO TO THREE WEEKS TIME. THERE IS NO RFE AND EVERY THING IS FINE... I should wait for 2-3 weeks. Also I asked that I am EB3 and my PD IS NOT CURRENT but she said
"AT THIS POINT WE GO BY THE DATE YOU APPLICATION CAME IN TO THIS BUILDING OR COMMONLY KNOWN AS NOTICE DATE AND NOT BY PRIORITY DATE SO WAIT FOR YOUR NUMBER TO BE PROCESSED"

I don\'t know this is good news or bad news kindly post your views.
Thanking you in advance
Hanuman

No Title

This is definitely good news for you, hanuman. Your case will be reviewed, before your PD becomes current. We would definitely like to know if an immigrant visa is granted to you immideately after the review. Given that you are a long time netizen of this board, information from you would be more reliable than the likes of "shridevi".

Since the IIO said your case will be looked into in a couple of weeks, VSC must be processing cases around your ND. Can you please post details such as PD, RD, ND and FP? Thanks and best luck!

No Title

I am wondering!

“IT WILL BE REVIEWED IN TWO TO THREE WEEKS TIME. THERE IS NO RFE AND EVERY THING IS FINE” - does not make any sense. “NO REF” How can they say without reviewing your file?
Ref may/may not be issued once IIO reviews your file. Right?

"AT THIS POINT WE GO BY THE DATE YOU APPLICATION CAME IN TO THIS BUILDING OR COMMONLY KNOWN AS NOTICE DATE AND NOT BY PRIORITY DATE SO WAIT FOR YOUR NUMBER TO BE PROCESSED" – again, does not make any sense. There are 5 of my own friends got FP/ref and waiting for approval. IIO told every one of them that file is processed and waiting for visa number and wait for your PD to be current.

Anyway, You may be luckey one. I wish you good luck.

No Title

i know someone had been told the same thing, but his case is still with vsc.
what\'s your rd & nd? oct? when did you do fp? how could ins tell you your case has been transfered to local 3 months ago when you just did your fp?

No Title

This is good news for you Hanuman. Looks like they will process your case at VSC and it will be much faster than local INS. I got a notice of the transfer and I will have to wait for 6-12 months at Newark office. Good Luck

No Title

Hi,Is there a number at Newark we can call to find the status or we should go there to find out. Thanks

No Title

steve1999, No.

If IIO needs more evidence, then they issue REF.
Probably VSC IIO finds 80% case for REF!

No Title

Guys thanks for your views but I have posted the exact words I heard on the phone and not a . extra. Also I do not understand whether my case is being delayed due to confusion of transfer to Local INS?
Anyway thanks for all your good wishes.
Once again here are my Real details

PD 12/98

RD : I dont know but we sent the papers in last week of Aug 99(No physical receipt yet)

ND: Sept 22/99 This I know thru AVM

Receipt # EAC 9927354XXX This off my FP notice

FP done Sept 05/99

Catagory EB3 - INDIA

Hanuman

No Title

Hanuman... if you have your 485 receipt, on the left hand side of the receipt are two boxes one is for Receipt Date and the one next to it or below it is the Notice Date, both are mentioned in the receipt which you might have got in sept 99, actually you are a september 99 case anot not october 99 like I thought you were, yes for sept INS is adjucating currently so you are in accordance with the normal procedure I dont think you are an exception, also your EAC # is printed on the same 485 receipt on the right hand corner box...

No Title

klm REF\'s are issued only if the adjucating officer is not satisfied with the documents you have submitted in support of you 485 filing and therefore a request for futher evidence is made, to generalize and say 80% cases is vsc get REF is not correct to say the least, it only means that 80% ( if this number is correct) of cases are filed with inadequete evidence in support of the case, this could be that lawyers who filed for the recespective candidates did not know of the documents presented or some procedure to verify documents got changed after filing which the lawyer was not aware of at the time of filing..

No Title

That is a general number for National service center. I tried calling but they cannot give case status. I have to call local INS at newark and I need that number.

No Title

Chutney thanks but I donot have a receipt of 485 I (or my lawyer)never
got one the notice I mentioned is FP Notice. And earlier I got the oct info from my lawyer\'s assitant so I was thinking that I am Oct case.

No Title

Chutney, Do you know that most of the REFs for recent employment letter or pay stuff or Geographical information? Do you think that these are inadequate evidence? Only VSC issue lot more REFs than any other center.

Not lawyers fault! VSC IIOs loves to issue REF.

No Title

Well klm it is RFE (Request for Further Evidance) and is issued if IIO thinks something might have changed during the waiting period based upon your history. ( In my case I had never rec\'d RFE {finger crossed} in any thing like H1B, H1 extension, EAD because I am with the same company since day one and nothing has changed yet)

No Title

Yes DA I did ask the IIO but she said they have no record of my case being transfred and on the contrary asked me to fax a copy of transfer notice what a jerk ???