Am I screwed again?

sandkit

Registered Users (C)
Am I being screwed again?

As I said last week, my case status said that my 485 was approved. Now today I get another email from USCIS saying following

On October 12, 2004, we responded to your request for more information
concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30
days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

What does this mean? You can never rest releived in the USCIS world can you?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a similar problem. After I-485 approval, I received a email about RFE. The RFE was actually for my spouse. I think you have the email because your case is tied with your spouse case. I would think its say its something to do with your spouse case.

thanks auddaraj

but did u get your approval letter atleast or did you had to wait till ur spouse's rfe was resolved?

sandkit said:
I havent changed my address nor did I contact USCIS about this case in recent times.

Probably your attorney enquired about your case. If you didn't receive an RFE for your spouse, check with your attorney whether he/she enquired about your case.

or maybe you enquired about the case a long time ago, and they just about got done updating the system.

sandkit
I received the approval letter & then received the RFE email. I think you should get ur letter in next day or two.

auddaraj said:
sandkit
I received the approval letter & then received the RFE email. I think you should get ur letter in next day or two.

auddaraj,

This message does not mean itis an RFE (Request for Evidence). The message states that 'USCIS responded to a request for information from the applicant', and not the other way round. A query is when USCIS says 'We mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case'.

Last edited by a moderator: