Am I out of status..pls reply..

Greenbay

Registered Users (C)
Hello freinds,

I changed the company from A to B. I resigned Company A on 31st July which was wednesday and Joined new company on 5th next month which was 5th Monday. For 2 days (Aug 1st/2nd) I didn't work as I took unpaid leave as I wasn't feeeling well. I have filed my I-485 in Oct 2004 and have EAD/AP fro NSC. So from August 1st to August 4th (2 working days/2 non-working days) was I considered out of status as I didn't work for neither company??? Company A didn't pay me for the 2 days August 1st/2nd.

Also company A didn't provide me the experience letters and hence I got notarised exp letter from my former colleague and I took only until July end by mistake (july 31st) and not until August 2nd which was supposed to be.

I am bit worried as I don't know on what visa status I was in from august 1st to august 4th (for 4 days) as I joined new company B on August 5th monday.

So, please clarify my doubt as I am little bit shaky at this time??
I appreciate your help and time in this issue and I wish good luck to all who are waiting for GC approval.

Greenbay

I had similar gap between change of employment (10 business days), per my attorney as long I have valid H1's without interruption, such small gaps will be ignored by USCIS and might not be questioned. I mentioned that gap in I-485 and got approved. If ever asked you can say that you were sick and couldn't join other employer in time. I doubt if they will make a big deal about it.

Hey
Relax.... You are definitely not out of status if your H1 transfer was already sent to USCIS by the new company before Aug 1st.

Even if it was not sent, just do not worry about it. Your scenario is not a big deal. You will get your GC.

Good luck.

Greenbay said:
Hello freinds,

I changed the company from A to B. I resigned Company A on 31st July which was wednesday and Joined new company on 5th next month which was 5th Monday. For 2 days (Aug 1st/2nd) I didn't work as I took unpaid leave as I wasn't feeeling well. I have filed my I-485 in Oct 2004 and have EAD/AP fro NSC. So from August 1st to August 4th (2 working days/2 non-working days) was I considered out of status as I didn't work for neither company??? Company A didn't pay me for the 2 days August 1st/2nd.

Also company A didn't provide me the experience letters and hence I got notarised exp letter from my former colleague and I took only until July end by mistake (july 31st) and not until August 2nd which was supposed to be.

I am bit worried as I don't know on what visa status I was in from august 1st to august 4th (for 4 days) as I joined new company B on August 5th monday.

So, please clarify my doubt as I am little bit shaky at this time??
I appreciate your help and time in this issue and I wish good luck to all who are waiting for GC approval.

Greenbay

Thanks guys..

Thanks guys..Now I am bit relieved from your answers. My new visa from company B was approved before I joined that new company B. I had I-94 valid at all the time and also the old company A visa in passport.

So, I hope I won't be in trouble.

Thanks and I wish GL in your future prospects.

Greenbay