Am I misinterpreting the posts here?

needh11

Registered Users (C)
My employer is applying for my H1 visa in 2005 year's quota.

From some of the posts I read here, I got the impression that I can send in my H1 application on April 1st, 2004 (Which is correct) and that I will get the H1 approval papers back from INS within 2 weeks to 3-4 months (depending on premium-non premium processing). The start date of the H1 will still be a date after October 1st 2004.

I talked with an CIS officer today, and I found out that even though I submit my application on April 1st, the actual processing will only BEGIN AFTER october 1st, 2004. What this means is, after October 1st , 2004, USCIS will START processing application on first come first serve basis.

Please advice, what is the truth.

Thanks.

Originally posted by needh11
My employer is applying for my H1 visa in 2005 year's quota.

From some of the posts I read here, I got the impression that I can send in my H1 application on April 1st, 2004 (Which is correct) and that I will get the H1 approval papers back from INS within 2 weeks to 3-4 months (depending on premium-non premium processing). The start date of the H1 will still be a date after October 1st 2004.

I talked with an CIS officer today, and I found out that even though I submit my application on April 1st, the actual processing will only BEGIN AFTER october 1st, 2004. What this means is, after October 1st , 2004, USCIS will START processing application on first come first serve basis.

Please advice, what is the truth.

Thanks.

Good question. As far as I know, they will start processing on 1 April itself. But I will post it here if I learn something different.