Am I in trouble?

Go-Cougars

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

I don't know if I am in trouble or not...

My lawyer received a RFE for my case for employment verification and G325A. When I filed for labor clearance, my position title was an ____Engineer. I was in the same group and eventually I was promoted to the position of a supervisor and then as a manager. New job duites include the old duties plus management stuff.

Will the promotion stuff mess up this RFE? Now it is making me nervous. Any input from the gurus will be deeply appreciated before I talk with the lawyer.

Thanks,

PD: Oct 97
RD: Sept 01 (SRC 01-255-)
ND: Oct 01
FP: 03/03
RFE: 03/25/04
Case status online still says "Recieved", 990 days, blah, blah
:(

You should be fine.

I think you are in a better position than a lot of others who changed companies or been laid off and had to look for other jobs.

You are not expected to rot in the same position because of processing inefficiencies and delays. So you should not worry much and be confident and bold to explain your position. I am sure your company would back that up by saying how valuable you are to them and hence the reason for your additional responsiblilities.

But I suggest you take your attorneys opinion and follow directions accordingly.

Good luck!

Yes, I am with the same company.

Form G325A is biographical information form that all I-485 applicants have to fill out. My records indicate that my lawyer filled one out. I think they just wanted an updated version of it. I suspect that they are trying to figure out if I was married within the last three years or not.

With best of my knowledge :-

1. You are not in trouble. Vertical movement in responsibilities are allowed. Radical diffrent job is not allowed. If your labor was approved as Engineer, you could be Engineering Manager BUT not Marketing Manager or Sales Manager. You are fine in this regard.

My title on 140 application and employment letter with 140 application was diffrent than mentioned in labor certificate. 140 was approved and in turn 485 too.

2. Your salary should be more than what is mentioned in the labor. Since you are promoted, you should be ok.

3. G325 is lost. That is why they need new one. May be lawyer did not send all the copies.

Read the filled G325 carefully and make sure every day is covered for last whatever years they ask for. No missing months. All copies should be readable.

Originally posted by Go-Cougars
Folks,

I don't know if I am in trouble or not...

My lawyer received a RFE for my case for employment verification and G325A. When I filed for labor clearance, my position title was an ____Engineer. I was in the same group and eventually I was promoted to the position of a supervisor and then as a manager. New job duites include the old duties plus management stuff.

Will the promotion stuff mess up this RFE? Now it is making me nervous. Any input from the gurus will be deeply appreciated before I talk with the lawyer.

Thanks,

PD: Oct 97
RD: Sept 01 (SRC 01-255-)
ND: Oct 01
FP: 03/03
RFE: 03/25/04
Case status online still says "Recieved", 990 days, blah, blah
:(

Re: Re: Am I in trouble?

Originally posted by Toolongawait
With best of my knowledge :-

1. You are not in trouble. Vertical movement in responsibilities are allowed. Radical diffrent job is not allowed. If your labor was approved as Engineer, you could be Engineering Manager BUT not Marketing Manager or Sales Manager. You are fine in this regard.
Not entirely, my friend. Please read the Complaint filed with the US Court for a Class-Action suit, where it is clearly mentioned that certain people had to lose their seniority in the GC process because they have to do all over again for being promoted. Now, that is a flip-side of the coin. If you ask pragmatically and practically, I will vote 100% for your comment. But, while doing so, I am also pointing out a say 1% probability of having some trouble as the Suit petition claims.

As you had noetically observed, this case of vertical movement is much better and less controversial when compared against lay-offs, etc. Good one, dude.

Re: Re: Re: Am I in trouble?

poongunranar,

Based on my personal discussion with lawyer (does not mean that lawyer is perfect) during filing of my 140

- a software engineer labor is good for the position of Software Manager and could be good for Engineering Manager BUT not good for Product Manager, Sales Manager or Vice President. (any kind).

But again, rules change and diffrent people come up with diffrent meaning of same law.......

Originally posted by poongunranar
Not entirely, my friend. Please read the Complaint filed with the US Court for a Class-Action suit, where it is clearly mentioned that certain people had to lose their seniority in the GC process because they have to do all over again for being promoted. Now, that is a flip-side of the coin. If you ask pragmatically and practically, I will vote 100% for your comment. But, while doing so, I am also pointing out a say 1% probability of having some trouble as the Suit petition claims.

As you had noetically observed, this case of vertical movement is much better and less controversial when compared against lay-offs, etc. Good one, dude.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Am I in trouble?

I did not mention the key word 'Job Category'. As per lawyer, the job category should remain same - e.g. Software Manager would still be in Software Engineering category....

Originally posted by Toolongawait
poongunranar,

Based on my personal discussion with lawyer (does not mean that lawyer is perfect) during filing of my 140

- a software engineer labor is good for the position of Software Manager and could be good for Engineering Manager BUT not good for Product Manager, Sales Manager or Vice President. (any kind).

But again, rules change and diffrent people come up with diffrent meaning of same law.......