Am I in N400 or N600?

Sameer1977

Registered Users (C)
I had given my Interview and Test on Oct 3rd 2005. I had passed the test and interview. The officer told me to wait till 90 days.. Its been 90 days but I didnt get any reply. I have post him but haven't got any reply.

Is it normal to take this long?

My case is in N400 or N600? I check the STATUS but I dont know if I should follow N400 or N600. What would be my receipt date?

The N400 processing date for Chicago is June 2005
The N 600 processing date for Chicago is Sept 2005

I am very confused and I dunno whats going on. Please tell me :(

Sameer1977 said:
I had given my Interview and Test on Oct 3rd 2005. I had passed the test and interview. The officer told me to wait till 90 days.. Its been 90 days but I didnt get any reply. I have post him but haven't got any reply.

My case is in N400 or N600? I check the STATUS but I dont know if I should follow N400 or N600. What would be my receipt date?

My guess is that it is N-400, since there is no interview/test for N-600. Check the papers you got from USCIS.

I am thinking the same thing but as officer said 90 days.. looking at that and Processing of Citizenship Certificate.. i have doubt.. i hope someone can give me more feed back. :( thanx for the reply.. appreaciate it

Sameer1977 said:

Sameer1977 ,
After you passed the Test on Oct 3rd 2005 , did you get any type of pepers and can you tell us what it says please , it needs to be check marked somehwere
This way we can help you better
God Bless you my friend

Sameer1977 said:

it is interesting. Which form did you even fill out and apply? Did you even apply for N600? or N400? I am not sure why the confusion would be if you knew which form you filled.

ocworker said:
it is interesting. Which form did you even fill out and apply? Did you even apply for N600? or N400? I am not sure why the confusion would be if you knew which form you filled.
That's the question. He wouldn't ask if he knew...

Anahit said:
That's the question. He wouldn't ask if he knew...

are you serious? the OP does not know what form he applied? the first NOA should have listed what kind of immigration benefit he applied.

it is going to be a very classic case. Just like I parked my car in somewhere but I forgot where I parked because I wrote it down the location.

isn't it is the first step of "how to apply citizenship"?
:rolleyes:

Oh well... good luck to him. I wonder how he passed the interview.

ocworker said:
are you serious? the OP does not know what form he applied? the first NOA should have listed what kind of immigration benefit he applied.

it is going to be a very classic case. Just like I parked my car in somewhere but I forgot where I parked because I wrote it down the location.

isn't it is the first step of "how to apply citizenship"?
:rolleyes:

Oh well... good luck to him. I wonder how he passed the interview.
Well, maybe someone else filled out the application for him, and he didn't even keep a copy :confused:
Not everyone is aware of immigration issues. Although, I am sure, if he/she sticks around this forum for a while he'll learn a lot ;)

Anahit said:
Well, maybe someone else filled out the application for him, and he didn't even keep a copy :confused:
Not everyone is aware of immigration issues. Although, I am sure, if he/she sticks around this forum for a while he'll learn a lot ;)

I hope he made a copy of his interview letter. I just checked a copy of my interview letter. It shows what kind of immigration benefit for. in my case, under the case type, it says "N400 Application for Naturalization".

Since i know they would take away the original interview letter, so I made a copy of it (actually, I made all the copies which I received from USCIS).

First of All, I like to thank you all for replying. Yes I have applied N400 and I filled by myself... At the time of interview.. I didn't bring my License which they needed to see the residence proof PLUS i had given address of my aunt coz she lives in her own house while I live in apartment.

The officer gave me a paper which said check on " I have passed my test" and the then check box which says " proof needed and in decribes license " That proof i sent to that officer with a copy of my license.. The officer said they will send me the OATH thing in 90 days. I did that part and whet to DMV to change my license address to my aunt's address.

Now i am waiting as like everything.

So my application processing is N400 June 2005 in Status check? I thought it would be N 600 (processing of citizenship certificate)

if its June 2005, it means it would take more than 4 months?

I will appreciate people who reply me. Thank you..

Sameer1977,
Okay that sheds a little light about your case
Yous said you had to update the address on you license from your apartment to you aunts house ( as long as you lived in the same city or in an area that belonged to the same District Office you should be okay, but if you lied you're in doodoo)
You see when you do that will show on your license and that can be easily verified by INS , however the best thing you can do is
INFOPASS and inquire about your case at your local INS see whats the delay
Take you mind off N600 , your application is N400 .It doesnt matter what the website says about processing dates and who goes faster , when you have a little glitch on your process can cause a "delay"
I wish you good luck and you should be okay ;-)

Receipt Date is the date they received your application (N400) ( remember when you sent the application with the money and everything) look up any mail that you received related to your Naturalization application , finger print notice or Notice of action

no i didnt lie.. when I applied for n400, I had planned to move with my aunt..thats why I put her address from scratch.. We live in same state.. IL. infact 20 mins drive from my old apartment. That was the only reason. I didnt change my old addres from my license.. so I had changed that and send the copy as said by office to him.

As for INfoPass.. I am unware of its process.. I know where to go and apply.. do they tell by email or phone?

Thanks for your reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx for giving me the link.. I am on vacations and outta US ..how much time frame do InfoPass give for appointment?

Time frame depends on the District Office . sometimes you have to try many times before theres an opening to make an appointmet , however you have a little control over it , you can even cancel it if you like , all done online
Good luck

Sameer1977 said:
Thanx for giving me the link.. I am on vacations and outta US ..how much time frame do InfoPass give for appointment?

if there has appointment available on the date, it would show up and let you select.

i suggest you to click the name and see for yourself. it is so much easier and you can get your answer right the way, rather than waiting for others to answer.