Am I eligible to file I-485 under LIFE Act

ahnnco

I have lived, studied and worked in US for almost 8-9 years. I did my bachelors in MIS on F1 visas. After graduation I got my work permit and I worked while my H1 visa was in process. After my H1 was approved and I got it stamped then the employer filed petition for my green card. Unfortunately I had some family problems back home so I had to resign from job and leave for home in 1999. Obviously since I resigned and left the country my employer must have witdrawn my petition.

Now its been almost 10 years and I was reconsidering to move to US as there are not many opprtunities in my country. Therefore I was going through the USCIS website looking for options to move to US legally. As previously I had never been out of status during my whole stay in the US. I came across several options such as Investment (I wish I had that kinda a money), I came across this LIFE act option where it mentioned that if you petition was filed before April 30 2001 and even if the employer had withdrawn the petition, the individual can file for adjustment based on the petition filed previously. Even tough I was not present in US on December 21 2000 which is one of the eligbility criteria, but still I was concerned if any one of you can guide me which path should I take.

Thanks and Best Regards.

I have lived, studied and worked in US for almost 8-9 years. I did my bachelors in MIS on F1 visas. After graduation I got my work permit and I worked while my H1 visa was in process. After my H1 was approved and I got it stamped then the employer filed petition for my green card. Unfortunately I had some family problems back home so I had to resign from job and leave for home in 1999. Obviously since I resigned and left the country my employer must have witdrawn my petition.

Now its been almost 10 years and I was reconsidering to move to US as there are not many opprtunities in my country. Therefore I was going through the USCIS website looking for options to move to US legally. As previously I had never been out of status during my whole stay in the US. I came across several options such as Investment (I wish I had that kinda a money), I came across this LIFE act option where it mentioned that if you petition was filed before April 30 2001 and even if the employer had withdrawn the petition, the individual can file for adjustment based on the petition filed previously. Even tough I was not present in US on December 21 2000 which is one of the eligbility criteria, but still I was concerned if any one of you can guide me which path should I take.

Thanks and Best Regards.

that is only if you are in USA and lose your status.