Am I doing this wrong? I think my application n400 might be return to me.Huge mistake

Obongo said:
Jonny,

Your a complete mess. Sit down take three deep breathes.

1. Your application will be returned to you. Get used to it.
2. You don't want #1 to take months.
3. Do a google on "USCIS Infopass" and you will find a scheduling system.
4. Go down to your USCIS DO and calmly (note calmly) explain the
situation.

Obongo, Thank you for point that out, I totally agreet with you, all my life I want thing faster faster later on I just find out I just made things slower.

3 deep breathes tooked.

Yes , I did googled infopass, the first link on google took me to the right web,
Might I know if I go and talk to one of the officer, will they return my aplication to me right the way? Might be will make things just slower, if I let my application go alone will I have chance that they will just go ahead with application since is just 3 days earlier? I tough was 4 year and 9 moth. Is anybody or anybody you know tought it was 4 yea and 9 moth and what happened to them? I google with keywords* form n400 too soon to apply*
, no result come out similar to my case came out :(

Guess I am the only one who make this kind of mistake. :(

No. you are not the only one. I mailed mine a few days eariler than it supposed to be. My application was returned by USCIS with a piece of paper explianing why in two weeks. My check was not checked though. Therefore, it might be a good sign for you, since you check is cashed.

jack

Jonny123 said:
Obongo, Thank you for point that out, I totally agreet with you, all my life I want thing faster faster later on I just find out I just made things slower.

3 deep breathes tooked.

Yes , I did googled infopass, the first link on google took me to the right web,
Might I know if I go and talk to one of the officer, will they return my aplication to me right the way? Might be will make things just slower, if I let my application go alone will I have chance that they will just go ahead with application since is just 3 days earlier? I tough was 4 year and 9 moth. Is anybody or anybody you know tought it was 4 yea and 9 moth and what happened to them? I google with keywords* form n400 too soon to apply*
, no result come out similar to my case came out :(

Guess I am the only one who make this kind of mistake. :(

cajack said:
No. you are not the only one. I mailed mine a few days eariler than it supposed to be. My application was returned by USCIS with a piece of paper explianing why in two weeks. My check was not checked though. Therefore, it might be a good sign for you, since you check is cashed.

jack

Jack, Thank You for share with me, Might I know how many day earlier did you submit and did you submit right the way after two weeks? Everything goes well on the second attempt? if only took two weeks for rejection letter I think I can handle that. By the way which city or immigration center did you belong to?

I don't remember exactly, but I believe it is just 2 or three of days early. I also did not send enough money. It should be $400. I only sent $390. It was another reason that my application was returned. I re-sent my application right after it was returned with a check has the correct amont of money and everything was fine afterwords until I hit the name check wall. It is another story. I applied at California.

Jack

Jonny123 said:
Jack, Thank You for share with me, Might I know how many day earlier did you submit and did you submit right the way after two weeks? Everything goes well on the second attempt? if only took two weeks for rejection letter I think I can handle that. By the way which city or immigration center did you belong to?

dckaraja said:
:( :( I would not bet on it.Mine got returned since it was day short.Our great USPS folks when you want them to take timeto deliver your package.They deliver it next day.When you pay $$$$ they take their time.Its like clock is backward for them.But if check is not cashed within week.Consider it in mail with 4th class delivery back to you .Mine took 2 weeks to get back.Plus they dont tell you eaxcalty whey they returned it.You just read the 3 pages and figure it out.

Dckaraja, don't know why? Saw your post just now. I think I miss readied. Yes I agreed with you about USPS, I sent out with regular mail with return receipt and tracking number, I was shocked they only took 1 day to delivery, I tough will take about 2 to 3 business days. Since was not same city :(

I see that you and jack are both returned after two weeks, so I will keep my eye on it after 1 week and keep you guys posted. Can you also share the detail with me? ( the same question I asked to jack, I did a copy past with the question, hope you are ok with that) Might I know how many days earlier did you submit and did you submit right the way after two weeks? Everything goes well on the second attempt? which city or immigration center did you belong to?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand, people wait for 4 years 9 months on GC and why not wait for another month before sending the N-400, it is not like they are going to take away the GC or something, and the process end date is at the hands of USCIS and FBI. So why the rush?

I think it really depends on personal needs. If you have someone you want to bring over to U.S, you need to get your US citizenship as soon as you can. Few days or one month may not mean anything to other people, but it means a lot to the applicant him/herself.

Jack

premo said:
I don't understand, people wait for 4 years 9 months on GC and why not wait for another month before sending the N-400, it is not like they are going to take away the GC or something, and the process end date is at the hands of USCIS and FBI. So why the rush?

cajack said:
I think it really depends on personal needs. If you have someone you want to bring over to U.S, you need to get your US citizenship as soon as you can. Few days or one month may not mean anything to other people, but it means a lot to the applicant him/herself.

Jack

Yes, In this case is my wife... She been waiting for me over 4 year and 5 moth . also my parents but Most important my wife..., But I could have wait for one more week I guess, Now that I am thinking about I am regret, but on that day 11/1/2006, I was just too exiciting thinking about I'll finally apply for all 3 of them.

I seem to recall reading about someone (on here) who was in the exact same situation. USCIS simply returned his entire application with the check uncashed.

Now you know why we suggest you do not send the application exactly 90 days before the 5yr anniversary.... sorry dude :(

boatbod said:
I seem to recall reading about someone (on here) who was in the exact same situation. USCIS simply returned his entire application with the check uncashed.

Now you know why we suggest you do not send the application exactly 90 days before the 5yr anniversary.... sorry dude :(

Boatbod do you have the link? I tried to search thr form can't find any.

Another question I have is, if I just go ahead and resubmit another n-400 with $400 check. What will happen?

I think two possible things will happen could be

a) The original application will be rejected, so submitting now the second one will be really safe and fast
b) The original application will be fine, so they will return my second one back to me.

Am I right, Although personally I think might be better to wait for reject letter, but I thought it to share this idea see what everybody else thinks

Thank you

Have you not got yourself in to enough stress having applied earlier? Why are you now complicating the process by sending in a second application before the first one is either accepted for processing or rejected. After sending your second application you will start worrying about how to withdraw the first or worse both applications if none are rejected. Man you know how to complicate your life and welcome stress in your life:)
My advice - just sit tight for 2 weeks, heaven will not fall.

Jonny123 said:
Another question I have is, if I just go ahead and resubmit another n-400 with $400 check. What will happen?

I think two possible things will happen could be

a) The original application will be rejected, so submitting now the second one will be really safe and fast
b) The original application will be fine, so they will return my second one back to me.

Am I right, Although personally I think might be better to wait for reject letter, but I thought it to share this idea see what everybody else thinks

Thank you

guys, Since most of people here got n-400 return with a unclear check,I had to call 1800 number of the money order company, now with more details the money order has been cashed at 11/8/2006.

I'll keep you guys upted with any news.

brb2 said:
Have you not got yourself in to enough stress having applied earlier? Why are you now complicating the process by sending in a second application before the first one is either accepted for processing or rejected. After sending your second application you will start worrying about how to withdraw the first or worse both applications if none are rejected. Man you know how to complicate your life and welcome stress in your life:)
My advice - just sit tight for 2 weeks, heaven will not fall.

:p :p :p

Lol, Yes you are right, I should relax, it's ok to wait 2 more week since I been waiting for almost 5 years.

The good new is I double check and my money order has been cashed, so hew... I'll keep you guys posted if I got anything mails regarding this case

for mean while any suggestion are still welcome :)

Hi Guys, I was thiking about my case all weekened and read a lat others post, see peoples get return even by submiting one day earlier, most of case the check wasn't cashed. So now my questions is , is there anybody who ever submit days earlier and everything went ok for them? or anybody you know?Any input will be fully apreciated.

Guys,thank you for you helps!

Here is my update just for your info,

I got i-797c today!!!

received date 11/06/2006
priority date 11/06/2006

anything else I'll let you guys posted!

The advice to "just chill" is good advice through most of the process. The English and civics tests are easy. The tough test that the USCIS administers is the test they give your patience.

Just relax and check your mail every day for the next N months.

tks flyog, and congratulation on your citizenship! :)

everybody on this post helped me going trough a lot during this process and here is my uptade, and I'll keep uptading my case to get back to community.

Got finger print notice today scheduled for 11/20/2006.

BR

Jonny123 said:
tks flyog, and congratulation on your citizenship! :)

everybody on this post helped me going trough a lot during this process and here is my uptade, and I'll keep uptading my case to get back to community.

Got finger print notice today scheduled for 11/20/2006.

BR

Johnny boy your amazing. I posted my application before you
and no results as yet. Becareful your interview date is not set
before the 5 year anniversary.

Just chill and enjoy life as best you can.