Am I doing this wrong? I think my application n400 might be return to me.Huge mistake

Jonny123

Registered Users (C)
Got my green card on 2/1/2001, Send my n400 on 11/1/2006 , n400 form delived on 11/2/2006 ) acording to my usps tracking number was delived on 12:38 pm.

Anyway, I think When they ask me to put signature on the N400 form I also have to put date on that ,i put 10/31/2006 since was the date I put my signature. ( now I think back it might be huge mistake, probly I should put 11/3/2006 een I sign at 10/31/2006) . the date is not 90 day before 5 year was 93 days, and 90 days dosn't mean 3 moth.i SENT OUT MY FORM AT 11/1/2006 THINKING 3 MOTH BEFORE 5 YEAR!!!

Will my application be return to me? if so how long is gonna take to return and Can I aplly again?

Is there anything I can do to fixed now? Show I submit my second N400 now?

Can't belive I made such a huge mistake for something I been waiting everyday for past 5 years!!!

Thank You guys in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jonny123 said:
Got my green card on 2/1/2001, Send my n400 on 11/1/2006 , n400 form delived on 11/2/2006 ) acording to my usps tracking number was delived on 12:38 pm.

Anyway, I think When they ask me to put signature on the N400 form I also have to put date on that ,i put 10/31/2006 since was the date I put my signature. ( now I think back it might be huge mistake, probly I should put 11/3/2006 een I sign at 10/31/2006) . the date is not 90 day before 5 year was 33 days, and 90 days dosn't mean 3 moth.i SENT OUT MY FORM AT 11/1/2006 THINKING 3 MOTH BEFORE 5 YEAR!!!

Will my application be return to me? if so how long is gonna take to return and Can I aplly again?

Can't belive I made such a huge mistake for something I been waiting everyday for past 5 years!!!

Dude, wake-up. :confused:

Your five years eligability was completed on 2/1/2006, since you had your green card since 2/1/2001, unless you mean 2002 instead of 2001.

you are eligable while ago.

Regards,

Moody

Jonny123 said:

Anyway, I think When they ask me to put signature on the N400 form I also have to put date on that ,i put 10/31/2006 since was the date I put my signature. ( now I think back it might be huge mistake, probly I should put 11/3/2006 een I sign at 10/31/2006) . the date is not 90 day before 5 year was 33 days, and 90 days dosn't mean 3 moth.i SENT OUT MY FORM AT 11/1/2006 THINKING 3 MOTH BEFORE 5 YEAR!!!

If you got your Green card on 2/1/2001 as you said in your posting, then you need not worry. But if you got it on 2/1/2002 then you are surely a borderline case.

I think you meant to say you got your green card on 2/1/2002 and NOT 2/1/2001.

If that is the case then there are 93 days between 10/31/2006 and 2/1/2007 and looks like you have filed your N-400 early than 5 years minus 90 days rule.

Another point you cannot post date your signature and mail the application early. In other words you cannot say you signed the application on 11/03/2006 and mail the application on 11/01/2006.

Cross your fingers and hope your application gets accepted. If not it will be returned and by that time you will be well within the 5yr minus 90 days timeframe and you can send the application again.

MasterUSA said:
I think you meant to say you got your green card on 2/1/2002 and NOT 2/1/2001.

If that is the case then there are 93 days between 10/31/2006 and 2/1/2007 and looks like you have filed your N-400 early than 5 years minus 90 days rule.

Another point you cannot post date your signature and mail the application early. In other words you cannot say you signed the application on 11/03/2006 and mail the application on 11/01/2006.

Cross your fingers and hope your application gets accepted. If not it will be returned and by that time you will be well within the 5yr minus 90 days timeframe and you can send the application again.

If that's the case, make an Info pass directly, explain the problem and see what they will tell you.

If they said, most likely you will be denied, ask to withdraw the case.

You might also need to check if they have cashed your check for the $400 fees yet.

if not go a head and stop the check payment through your bank. this way the CIS will reject the application, return it to you back. then file another one immidiatelly, this time with a good check, Ofcourse :D

You need to stop the Payment through your bank today, remember It's Friday now.

Good Luck,

Moody

It's better if they send your application back right now rather than reject it at the time of interview.

Hi Guys,

I am so sorry, I mean 2/1/2002, I don't know why I make such a stupid mistake again, I Guess when you want something so badly and you get nervious and keep making mistake you won't make normally. I can't believe I submite 3 day earlier. I am so greatful for replies from you guys, since Before I check the answers I was thinking Might be nobody will reply to me since It was such a stupid mistake.

So really thank you guys... ! Please keep my posted if any good sugestion.

Jonny123 said:
Hi Guys,

I am so sorry, I mean 2/1/2002, I don't know why I make such a stupid mistake again, I Guess when you want something so badly and you get nervious and keep making mistake you won't make normally. I can't believe I submite 3 day earlier. I am so greatful for replies from you guys, since Before I check the answers I was thinking Might be nobody will reply to me since It was such a stupid mistake.

Jonny,

I think your case will be returned to you. Try getting an infopass appointment
and getting the case cancelled rather than waiting for it to be denied
(it could take months before someone notices the problem). Then reapply.

moody22 said:
If that's the case, make an Info pass directly, explain the problem and see what they will tell you.

If they said, most likely you will be denied, ask to withdraw the case.

You might also need to check if they have cashed your check for the $400 fees yet.

if not go a head and stop the check payment through your bank. this way the CIS will reject the application, return it to you back. then file another one immidiatelly, this time with a good check, Ofcourse :D

You need to stop the Payment through your bank today, remember It's Friday now.

Good Luck,

Moody

Hi Moody,

Thank you your reply and suggestions.

I send with my money order from western union, So might be I have to go to the local western union and ask them to cancel the money orders?

Will give immigration office a bad record from sending bad money order, if I cancel money order now, Can I resubmit my N400 today? Or have to wait for the rejection letter arrived? How long will take rejection letter to arrived.

Also is there any chance they will approved my case since is only 3 days?

Thank you.

I think the 90 days rule applies to the date of the post mark of the letter you mailed to USCIS. I am not 100% sure. I recommand you to take an infopass to find out.

jack

Jonny123 said:

Obongo said:
Jonny,

I think your case will be returned to you. Try getting an infopass appointment
and getting the case cancelled rather than waiting for it to be denied
(it could take months before someone notices the problem). Then reapply.

Thank You Obongo, How do I get infopass appointmen? Should I call or anything like that?

Jonny123 said:
Hi Guys,

Just go ahead and call your bank.
Give them the check #, and see if it has been cashed or not. Most likely it wil not be cashed by now.
Ask them to stop the payment of this check, and tell them you submitted with a wrong application.

Don't wait tell the CIS return your original application, because eventually they will do so because they couldn't get thier damn dollars.

File another one today, and send it today or tomorow, and don't miss with the date again.

This way you saved your delf the $400, and ensured that the first application didn't went through.

Regards,

Moody

Hi Guys, Thank you ofr your reply.

So far my plan now is I am looking for copy of my money order might go to a western union office near me and to cancel the money order if haven't be cashied yet. what i am afrida about it is will immigration office get bad record of me? how can i explaint to them later on that I send a bad check?

Before that If you can give me any advice about , should I take chance to let my case go alone, and might be is only 3 days advance will have a chance they will just let me go? or am i making another stupid mistake again by doing that? I think might be is just another stupid idea of me, but I don't really know....

Thank You buys.

Jonny123 said:
Hi Guys, Thank you ofr your reply.

So far my plan now is I am looking for copy of my money order might go to a western union office near me and to cancel the money order if haven't be cashied yet. what i am afrida about it is will immigration office get bad record of me? how can i explaint to them later on that I send a bad check?

Before that If you can give me any advice about , should I take chance to let my case go alone, and might be is only 3 days advance will have a chance they will just let me go? or am i making another stupid mistake again by doing that? I think might be is just another stupid idea of me, but I don't really know....

Thank You buys.

First, don't be scared about stopping the payment, they don't care, its your application will get send back, and nobody going to track you for that.

On the other hand, you signed only one date earlier(10/31 instead of 11/1)I saw some posts before where the offecier just let it go for one or two days, but not for 9 or 10 days earlier than the eligability date.

Moody

moody22 said:
First, don't be scared about stopping the payment, they don't care, its your application will get send back, and nobody going to track you for that.

On the other hand, you signed only one date earlier(10/31 instead of 11/1)I saw some posts before where the offecier just let it go for one or two days, but not for 9 or 10 days earlier than the eligability date.

Moody

Hi Moody,Thank you for your reply.

I think is 3 day earlier, is that insted submiting 11/3/2006 , I sent out 11/1/2206 and sign 10/31/2006. I always tough was 3 moth but reality is 90 day, and 3 moth could is 92 day in my case, So do you think by submiting 3 day earlier will cause return or will be ok? Ny the way I am in NYC wich most of n-400 take place from 3 moth to 6 moth.

Thank You!

Best Regards

:( :( I would not bet on it.Mine got returned since it was day short.Our great USPS folks when you want them to take timeto deliver your package.They deliver it next day.When you pay $$$$ they take their time.Its like clock is backward for them.But if check is not cashed within week.Consider it in mail with 4th class delivery back to you .Mine took 2 weeks to get back.Plus they dont tell you eaxcalty whey they returned it.You just read the 3 pages and figure it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the news, Just back from western union , the money order has been cashed, Can it be cashed so fast? I can't cancel now, What shoul I do now?
I am feeling very stupid of my part for being so overlooked....and impatient to wait 3 more days...

Jonny123 said:
Thank You Obongo, How do I get infopass appointmen? Should I call or anything like that?

Jonny,

Your a complete mess. Sit down take three deep breathes.

1. Your application will be returned to you. Get used to it.
2. You don't want #1 to take months.
3. Do a google on "USCIS Infopass" and you will find a scheduling system.
4. Go down to your USCIS DO and calmly (note calmly) explain the
situation.