Am I an official Permanant Resident upon I receive the approval notice and before the passport stamp

No Only after PP stamping..

Logic: If you are outside US when your approval comes, you are admitted with deferred inspection (if you show AP) and not admitted as permanent resident. So there...

No Title

There is no time limit written on the approval notice. But it\'s always good to get the passport stamp ASAP.

ok, i stand corrected... i thought the other guy took the cake,

the one who lost his job, but received his 485 approval anyway, and is now wondering what to do with it...

btw, old chap, are you from the subcontinent as well?

No Title

The approval notice is an offer of green card, ...your going for a pp stamping is an acceptance. So you are not a PR till you accept it.
As far as I know there is no time limit, but the longer you wait , the longer it takes for the plastic card to arrive. I don\'t see any advantage of waiting.

Odd

If the poster is a 485 case, my understanding is that you are a PR on AD. Wrong ?

no developments yet, tt tt

hi, old friend! no further developments on that front, but its early yet... in case there are any, i will definitely post them out here, either continuing the original thread, or will start a new one.
let us know of the developments at your end as well. good luck!

You are a PR as of approval, not stamping

Once your I-485 is approved, you are a Permanent Resident. There is NO OBLIGATION to get your passport stamped - that is merely evidence of your PR status.

I checked this with usvisanews.com..

they said that supplying proof like car rental papers, credit card statements, hotel reservations and the fact that your visa/status was all valid at the time of the unmarked entry will do the job !

thanks for the update!

I think i will fish out some of the paper trail of that road trip. thanks for following up. i will post any developments at my end. good luck!