Am back! Now a permanent resident!

aonflux

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone. I am back as a permanent resident. Had a successful interview. The interview was pretty easy, a young american guy asked me a couple questions regarding my work and then told me my file was fine but the fingerpritning machine was down so to please wait. I waited for 30 mins and then was asked to go back on Friday. The lines outside the Mumbai consulate are awful, be prpeared to wait for a long time in the hot sun. Since the fingerprinting system was down the day of my interview I was asked to go back along with all the other immigrant visa applications for that day. Went back 2 days later as per their instructions and the fingerprints were taken. Picked up the passport and visa same afternoon, long wait time for that too.. Called at 2.30, the window opened at 4.30.
Port of entry was real cool, took like maybe 5 minutes, and I finally got the invaluable but unimpressive stamp.
This website and the people here have been great. Thanks alren especially. Sandeep, let me know when you get your plastic card. Thanks again.

Hi aonflux,
Congratualtions!!!!I have one question on Medical i remember you mentioning about the biopsy you had for TB.Did you carry the documents with you regarding that ??

aonflux,
Congradulations for the GC. Can you please share your complete experience. ? I have an interview on May - 02. Which hospital do you suggest for the medical exam ?? What extra document is required apart from whats mentioned on the interview letter ?? What questions were asked ??
Thanks in advance..

aonflux said:
Hi everyone. I am back as a permanent resident. Had a successful interview. The interview was pretty easy, a young american guy asked me a couple questions regarding my work and then told me my file was fine but the fingerpritning machine was down so to please wait. I waited for 30 mins and then was asked to go back on Friday. The lines outside the Mumbai consulate are awful, be prpeared to wait for a long time in the hot sun. Since the fingerprinting system was down the day of my interview I was asked to go back along with all the other immigrant visa applications for that day. Went back 2 days later as per their instructions and the fingerprints were taken. Picked up the passport and visa same afternoon, long wait time for that too.. Called at 2.30, the window opened at 4.30.
Port of entry was real cool, took like maybe 5 minutes, and I finally got the invaluable but unimpressive stamp.
This website and the people here have been great. Thanks alren especially. Sandeep, let me know when you get your plastic card. Thanks again.

Congrats!

You are a lucky guy. Even though my I140 was approved in the last week of Oct 04( same as yours), I am still languishing with a pending fee encashment!

srikar45 said:
Hi aonflux,
Congratualtions!!!!I have one question on Medical i remember you mentioning about the biopsy you had for TB.Did you carry the documents with you regarding that ??

Yes i carried and gave them all documents. They are very particular and do a detailed physical. If you have a scar or anything they ask you about it.

samirgandhi said:
aonflux,
Congradulations for the GC. Can you please share your complete experience. ? I have an interview on May - 02. Which hospital do you suggest for the medical exam ?? What extra document is required apart from whats mentioned on the interview letter ?? What questions were asked ??
Thanks in advance..

Breach Candy hospital was good. I don't know about the other hospitals but this one was pretty good though you may have a wait a while. There were only around 12 applicants on my day, butI have heard that this hopsital gtes the most applicants.
I took all the necessary documents for the interview. They only asked for the DS230 part 1 and 2, PCC, Birth certificate, medical report and notarized employment letter. You will also have to carry a draft for Rs 1980 since they have raised the fees.
I had also carred my tax transcripts, bank statements and paystubs just in case but did not offer any of thise documents and was not asked for them.

What is the medical report you carried along..

What is the medical report you have mentioned that you carried along with you ?

Thanks in Advance.

dan4gc said:
What is the medical report you have mentioned that you carried along with you ?

Thanks in Advance.

I carried my medical vaccinations records and my surgery/biopsy report and a letter from my physician here who treated me for Tb.
As long as you show your records you are fine.

What if no vaccination report in US

Thank You aonflux, for the prompt response.

I do not have vaccination history since I was born in India (Assume the same with lot of other members in this forum)
So what do we do in that case ?

dan4gc,

If it is convinent for you, I would strongly recommend Hinduja as opposed to BC for medicals. They are cool with it.

dan4gc said:
Thank You aonflux, for the prompt response.

I do not have vaccination history since I was born in India (Assume the same with lot of other members in this forum)
So what do we do in that case ?

No problem. You will just have to pay a little more for the MMR vaccinations -- and they will give you the shots.

alren said:
Aonflux,

Congrats and Welcome back. All the best in future.

Thanks Alren. Wouldn't have been at all prepared without your help. Even though I had an attorney, the advice from you and the tohers was just too helpful. Thanks.

PS. any idea on how long to get the actual card?

Congrats

Congrats!!!

I got my plastic card after 20 days. They sent me 4 welcome letters. One letter came after plastic card. I hope they will not send me another new plastic card.

Today my wife entered USA. No questions asked to her. One strane thine they did not ask her extra photo at airport. They asked me for extra photo a month back.....

enjoy Kingsize ..not seen for long time, where KDivekar???

:p :)

aonflux said:
Thanks Alren. Wouldn't have been at all prepared without your help. Even though I had an attorney, the advice from you and the tohers was just too helpful. Thanks.

PS. any idea on how long to get the actual card?

Hi
I am new to this forum. Can you please describe briefly your EB-1 EA case. I am planning to apply.
Thanks