Already received GC; but SR response concludes lost in mail

duggils1

Registered Users (C)
I already received my GC in the first week of Jan. But today I got a letter from USCIS to my service request from Dec 5th, that says

"...you have notified us that you have not received it and the post office have not not returned it to us. We must conclude that it has been lost in the mail. Therefore, you will need to file a form I-90 to replace your card..."

I have never notified them that I have nor received my card. And I have the card in my hand with me. I am puzzled as to why I received this kind of response to my SR.

I called the Texas service center today and the rep told me to ignore the letter as I already received the card. But I am not confidant about what they say anymore because they have totally lost their credibility.

I am traveling outside the country in a couple of weeks. Now, should I be concerned? I don't think I should be because I have my card with me. But I would like to know if anyone out there faced a similar situation and love hear from you gurus out there.

Would anyone recommend that I get my passport stamped as well, just as a back up? Do they even stamp your passport if you already the physical card?

Thanks in advance.

Nothing to worry about IMO. If you can't help it, send them a letter with a copy of the notice saying that you didn't lose the card. You won't get a stamp unless your card was indeed lost and you show proof of travel in the near future.

Exactly same thing happned to me. I received an email from CRIS instead with the same msg as you got as my SR response. (on the other hand my spouse got a letter as the SR response, where it says 'we have sent you the card on such and such day and you will receive it soon', which is of course fine.) Anyway, I called TSC saying that I never notified them anything and I already got my card. I was also told to ignore the email msg. The online status is still fine.

So I think, we should not worry.

I too had received CRIS email same but no letter from USCIS . And called TCS two time got reply Ignore email massage and Letter . If you had CARD with you you are fine. After receiving the card I want native county for Vacation . Returning no problem . Yesterday wife case recived written letter saying that you call USCIS that you card is lost and we track the Card and we are sending new card to you if you not receive the card with in 60 days call as 1 800 number .

With same letter one more same once letter also received.

No idea what is going on in USCIS?

ckpd- Much appreciate your reply. You faced the exact same situation as me i.e., travel after your card and the silly CRIS email about 'lost in mail'

Very releived now.

Thanks again

I too had received CRIS email same but no letter from USCIS . And called TCS two time got reply Ignore email massage and Letter . If you had CARD with you you are fine. After receiving the card I want native county for Vacation . Returning no problem . Yesterday wife case recived written letter saying that you call USCIS that you card is lost and we track the Card and we are sending new card to you if you not receive the card with in 60 days call as 1 800 number .

With same letter one more same once letter also received.

No idea what is going on in USCIS?

I have no experience with the whole lost the card thing, but if there's one thing I learned in life (and in america - even as a born citizen) always follow through with issues like these. I would def do what the poster above said which is to photo-copy the notice, your GC and then write a letter (keep a copy for your records) stating that I NEVER notified USCIS of any issue with my card and specifically NOT a lost card. I have not lost my card, etc, etc, then state you spoke to a rep on the phone about it and they said not to worry.

That's just what I would do myself. I don't trust anyone to do my work for me. Good luck!