Already received GC; but SR response concludes lost in mail

duggils1

Registered Users (C)
I already received my GC in the first week of Jan. But today I got a letter from USCIS to my service request from Dec 5th, that says

"...you have notified us that you have not received it and the post office have not not returned it to us. We must conclude that it has been lost in the mail. Therefore, you will need to file a form I-90 to replace your card..."

I have never notified them that I have nor received my card. And I have the card in my hand with me. I am puzzled as to why I received this kind of response to my SR.

I called the Texas service center today and the rep told me to ignore the letter as I already received the card. But I am not confidant about what they say anymore because they have totally lost their credibility.

I am traveling outside the country in a couple of weeks. Now, should I be concerned? I don't think I should be because I have my card with me. But I would like to know if anyone out there faced a similar situation and love hear from you gurus out there.

Would anyone recommend that I get my passport stamped as well, just as a back up? Do they even stamp your passport if you already the physical card?

Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't worry about it...

If you have the physical card in your hand from USCIS, then I wouldn't worry about responding to any letter from them. It's not uncommon for USCIS to send all kinds of irrelevant letters that don't make a lot of sense sometimes.

If the Rep. has said to ignore the letter, I would do so without a problem. In fact, I doubt if you can get a stamp on your passport after being in possession of a GC. They will ask you questions and do all kinds of other cross-checking.

You should confirm with your lawyer if you have one.

GC_trap is right.. Just don't worry about the mail. As such you have the
card with you and just make sure that the details in the card are OK.

You don't need to worry. Have a safe travel.

Good luck
howdy_howdy
//

Thank you for the comments

Thank you all guys who responded to my concern. Now, I feel much better.

My uncle also received a letter from USCIS, a couple of week after he received his Green Card. The letter also tells there's might be a problem on card delivery and he have to file for I-90. Now I was wondering if the letter is an official one came from USCIS, we've just tell him to ignore it.