• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Already in States some advice please!!

subywrx

Registered Users (C)
So I just received my letter and have been reading through the forum and online and I am a little lost and need some advice. Currently I am in the United States on a H1-B visa and my case number is 2011AF00008xxx.

First of all what are my chances of getting a GC as in do I have a high or low number.
Secondly I could not make heads or tails of the Visa Bulletin, so would it be best to just file under the KCC or to file under an adjustment of status. Any input would be great. Also what kind of advice can anyone give me for this process. I currently have my Bachelors which I obtained in the states and have been here for several years, I dont have any arrest records at all. I dont know if traffic violations count towards this?

Also I applied under single status, but my fiance and I are getting married in July and I dont know what to do to adjust this, is this something I have to let the people know during the interview, or before I send anything in?

Any links for reading or advice would be perfect. Thanks in advance

First off Congratulations!!!
The African threads here are very active and hold a wealth of information so I suggest you take a look at those. You should get a feel of whether your number is low or high and if you should pursue CP or adjustment of status as well as what you should do with respect to the marriage, Trust me you are in the right place. I think you have a good case number from my readings on this forum.
From my reading I don't think you need to say anything yet about your fiance because you are not yet married and cannot include him/her in your forms. After the marriage though you will need to send updated forms with the necessary evidence that a marriage has taken place, this is all providing that your fiance will be seeking a green card as well.

Congrats again and Good luck! now go read the Nigerian and Ghanaian threads!!

Last edited by a moderator:
So I just received my letter and have been reading through the forum and online and I am a little lost and need some advice. Currently I am in the United States on a H1-B visa and my case number is 2011AF00008xxx.

First of all what are my chances of getting a GC as in do I have a high or low number.
Secondly I could not make heads or tails of the Visa Bulletin, so would it be best to just file under the KCC or to file under an adjustment of status. Any input would be great. Also what kind of advice can anyone give me for this process. I currently have my Bachelors which I obtained in the states and have been here for several years, I dont have any arrest records at all. I dont know if traffic violations count towards this?

Also I applied under single status, but my fiance and I are getting married in July and I dont know what to do to adjust this, is this something I have to let the people know during the interview, or before I send anything in?

Congrats.Compared to the pace of the visa bulletin this current fiscal year you do have a favourable case number.You will have no problem with adjustment of status but cp is always faster.As for your marriage, u can still fill the forms as single and send back to kcc and then after your marriage you notify them so that your status will be updated.Alternatively, you can wait till you get married in July before sending back the forms.Which either way you must have a chance for an interview because you have a pretty low case number.Which country are you from?The Nigerian and Ghanian threads have been here for years.Go read them up and get details of experiences.Put up your questions too they are ever ready to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the advice so far guys, I have been reading more I think I will go the AOS route if I can, going to try and get a hold of the USCIS tomorrow and see if its possible first of all seeing if I go the CP route it will cost me more for a ticket back to South Africa with the world cup going on right now. Also do I just send in the forms they sent me or do I need to download the DS122 and send that with it? What exactly are the steps?

Thanks for the advice so far guys, I have been reading more I think I will go the AOS route if I can, going to try and get a hold of the USCIS tomorrow and see if its possible first of all seeing if I go the CP route it will cost me more for a ticket back to South Africa with the world cup going on right now. Also do I just send in the forms they sent me or do I need to download the DS122 and send that with it? What exactly are the steps?

a link to AOS procedure was posted in another thread which seems to have a wealth of information.

forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?229911-My-Aos-Experience-Tips-Guide

Add http: to the link above.

We don't know the forms that was sent to you by KCC. Anyway, you need to complete the following forms:
1) DS-230 Part I and II
2) DSP 122

If your envelope contains these forms, then you are free to us them. You can also download a current one from the internet if you wish.

You guys have been great, I have a much better understand now of what I need to do. I am still getting conflicting results as whether i send in the DS-230 with my DSP-122 or without it. i did want to know if I needed to send in the $375 check with these two forms, and if so who do I make the check out to?