already done finger prints going to india to get married

Talk to Atal Bihari

No just kidding Dont worry
You can file for her as follow to join if she can come here on h4

i am worried if i getmy approval after i get married in india and become we come back here

my receipt date is around july where i see many people getting their approvals now
i am tensed about it

is there any rule like whether she has to be in USA before my approval or het 485 hqas to be filed b

is there any rule like whether she has to be in USA before my approval or het 485 hqas to be filed before my approval ?

yes

yes, She has to be in US to file for her 485 and also before your approval. You are in trouble, my dear. I think you should just rush and do a court marriage and get her here in 2 days. Meanwhile have the papers ready here, so that you can file before you are approved, or else talk to your lawyer,(THIS may not be a very good suggestion) and see if you can withdraw you 485 and refile it. (IF your Job is stable)

do u know anyone who withdrew their 485 and refiled and got it throu ??

do u know anyone who withdrew their 485 and refiled and got it throu ??
r there any risks involved in it ....

i spoke to my lawyer once about it and he said that ... ins may wonder why i had to stop the process in between

thanks for ur reply and looking forward for more information

Read it somewhere

Well, as I said, I am not sure if this is a good advise. The only reason this came to my mind is because I read it somewhere on this forum or on USVISANEWS.com or Murthy.com only that somebody was going to do it. Sorry, I can not give you more assurance than this.

wow

tons of june/july waiters checking avm , talking to IIOs just to hear
their approval . look at this guy here . I can understand his
situation . Good Luck !

Hey

Hey, while I was replying to your message, I also logged on to Murthy.com. On Monday 6-9 PST, she comes on live chat and I posted your question there. Here is a cut-paste of it.

Q: Is it possible to withdraw the 485 app as I am getting married soon and am worried that can get approved any time and I will not be able to add my wife.

A: Yes, that may be a good option but no guarentee it will work esp. if you have given your fingerprints already. In CSC, the INS is approving the I-485 within 3 to 5 months. If FP not given then delay that till you get married.

I know that this response is not complete, but I will suggest take a second opinion (other than your lawyer).

Honest opinion

Get her without getting married as fiance. And get married at court and file I-485 for her. Then Go back to India and get married socially.

if I were in your case I would do the following

I am presuming the following
a) You have already decided on your marriage partner
b) You have the approval of your family and your future wife\'s family
c) Assuming that you are a Hindu

If I were you I would do the following

a) Go to India
b) Get married in court the very next day
    The court officials tell u that you have to give notice and it has to appear on the notice board 3 months in advance etc etc
Bribe them thru one of the lawyers standing outside court and get marriage done in court that day itself.
Get them to give you a marriage certificate that day itself.
Take pictures with your relatives and future wifes family.

Get it done immediately and when you get approval file follow to join process.

It takes max 36 hours to fly to India

If the court method does not work get married in Arya Samaj or any other technique and get affidavits and such things done and get marriage certificate done.

After all this is done fly back
If your employer does not give you long leave ask for 4-6 days and fly there and fly back

After everything is done and you have got married legally you could have all other ceremonies like wedding Party and other functions and honeymoon later

what are the consequences if you delay and get married afterwards. If by luck you get married after adjudication - Your full life is ruined. You will not be able to get her here for 3-5 years.

I did explain that I am presuming that you are Hindu, if you are of another religion I am sure that if you decide to get married fast there are other methods. Whatever, whichever method works get married without delay in India. Dont delay by trying weird techniques like fiancee visa and getting her here and getting married in US etc etc - this technique takes a very long long time.

If I were in your case I would not delay even a second - I would arrange things and get married in 48-60 hours.

Completely agree with rsrgc

A friend of mine went to India to find a girl, couldn\'t really find one and his case got approved within two days of responding to the RFE.

If you already have a girl in mind just go and get done with court marriage. I think it\'s important to have her here on H4 before your case got approved.

I heard of other things like you can get a senator to give a letter and the consulate in India would allow your wife to come (don\'t know what visa) and you just have to file 485 for her. I have no clue if this is true and how it works. Take it as random gossip I heard some where ;-))

Good luck
Arch

once u r married before adjudication u have two choices

a) if u r still not adjudicated u can get her here on H4
b) if after adjudication u file a follow to join and ur wife goes to US consulate in India and gets green card stamp and joins u in the US

The main thing is u have to get married before adjudication

thanks yaar ...... but, i am really tensed now ...

i called up the INS office in SFO and asked them whether i can temporarily suspend my 485 application.
they asked me the reason.
i said i am going on vacation to India , they said i need to suspend my mail in post office for 1 month.
they were really useless in giving me the exact information i need.. they kept directing me to that 949-831-8427 number asking me to talk to an officer there. i told them that its difficult to reach them and they told me to try in morning hours.
whatever, i am getting tensed each day,

i am just thinking if i should stop the entire 485 process for good as i can use my H-1 visa for few more years and still bring my wife on h4. and live happily for those few yrs at least.

i asked my lawyer and he mentioned that he can request INS to stop it but there is just 1 % chance that i may get 485 approved again in my life if i refile it later.

i am trying all possible ways to HALT MY 485 Application.

i cannot give Marriage as the reason for halting my 485.

pls try to contact your lawyers too and do let me know of the consequences and advice possible.

thanks a bunch

If you refile is there any problem

If you refile the 485 application. Is there any problem? Did your lawyer told its only 1% chance in approving refiled application. Can you confirm me that. I planning to withdraw for different reason. I need to correct information on 485 application.

hey!!

i have a guy friend who went to india,had EAD,he had alredy filed his 485 8-9 months back ,gotten RFE for medical,responded to it and he went and got married came back ,wife came on her H1 , he withdrew his 485..filed a new 485 the same day including wife\'s name,its took t hem another one more yr to get 485 approved..but hey!! it was worth the wait....
dunno if this info helps....

Guesswho...u r right.

I am going through that. Yaa you can do it provided you have proof of your withdrawl. I withdrew mine and came beck to see my 485 approved. But fortuntely I could bring her in H4 eventhough my 485 approval came though and we applied again for our 485 together based upon the withdrawl petition. Now that we have got our APs and EADs and also FP being schedule. Hope 485 also gets approved without any prob. Until nothing has wrong against us.
   But my suggestion is to either withdraw as soon as possible, go home and do a court marriage or else do both. Hope this helps. If additional information needed please do not hesistate to contact me hyte@hotmail.com.

Another option: Marry a GC Holder

Vajpayee,

Once you get your GC, it should not be difficult to marry
a GC holder.
company1