Almost 6 months past after Citizenship Interview

manj90

Registered Users (C)
Hello Guys,
I had Citizenship interview in August 2005.I was given decision can not be made form as I had last name mismatch
:confused: :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
First thing u should do is schedule an infopass appointment and try to get an answer... Also, another option that u should start exploring is having ur senator/congressman's office make enquiries about ur case.. lastly, also explore the viability of suing the USCIS!!!
a_dude

manj90 said:
Hello Guys,
I had Citizenship interview in August 2005.I was given decision can not be made form as I had last name mismatch (last name and middle name problem ) on my tax returns.Officer said she will verify my name with Social Security and than send a decision.
Its Jan 2006 and I havent heard a word from INS.What should be my course of action ? Please advise.My interview was in Garden City Newyork.
Should I hire a lawyer and ask him to investigate ?
Thank you in advance.
Manji

Write to them. This is the advice I got from an immigration officer at Garden City. Or ask your Congressman to write to them. I would not hire an attorney at this time. You should give then at least one year. My guess is that you will hear from them in the next three months. Good luck.

hm11 said:
Write to them. This is the advice I got from an immigration officer at Garden City. Or ask your Congressman to write to them. I would not hire an attorney at this time. You should give then at least one year. My guess is that you will hear from them in the next three months. Good luck.

Why would you give them at least one year if by law they got 120 days after the interview?

RealSuperK said:
Why would you give them at least one year if by law they got 120 days after the interview?

Thats true that they have 120 days but believe me USCIS can do nothing if the name is not cleared. Usually it takes 9 - 12 months to clear. In the past, I have talked to Imm. Off. at Garden City and they advised that keep writing for status update.
If you don't want to wait, its your choice. You can hire an attorney or make an infopass appointment. I wish every one good luck.

hm11 said:
Thats true that they have 120 days but believe me USCIS can do nothing if the name is not cleared. Usually it takes 9 - 12 months to clear. In the past, I have talked to Imm. Off. at Garden City and they advised that keep writing for status update.
If you don't want to wait, its your choice. You can hire an attorney or make an infopass appointment. I wish every one good luck.

What good does the writing do if they stopped replying to emails and phone calls? I had my infopass yesterday. I told the lady that I filed my application almost a year ago and my name check has been pending since March '05. After that she said "Oh, you are in the early stages of the process. It may take UP TO 4 YEARS to get your citizenship". That almost made me laugh because the hell will freeze over before I wait 4 years for them to stop using my FBI folder as a coaster for the coffee mug and check out what they have inside.

K

manj90 said:
Hello Guys,
I had Citizenship interview in August 2005.I was given decision can not be made form as I had last name mismatch (last name and middle name problem ) on my tax returns.Officer said she will verify my name with Social Security and than send a decision.
Its Jan 2006 and I havent heard a word from INS.What should be my course of action ? Please advise.My interview was in Garden City Newyork.
Should I hire a lawyer and ask him to investigate ?
Thank you in advance.
Manji

If you want to hire a lawyer, don't waste your time and money to "investigate"...SUE THEM ;)

RealSuperK said:
I had my infopass yesterday. I told the lady that I filed my application almost a year ago and my name check has been pending since March '05. After that she said "Oh, you are in the early stages of the process. It may take UP TO 4 YEARS to get your citizenship". That almost made me laugh because the hell will freeze over before I wait 4 years for them to stop using my FBI folder as a coaster for the coffee mug and check out what they have inside.

K

...4 years or...maybe more, until she moves her big fat ass in to permanent retirement status, with a confortable 401K and full benefits paid by our tax money ;)

1 year ? :O

Thank you guys for your response.I did asked my congress man to write to USCIS.My name is not to be cleared from FBI ( it has been done).
:mad:
But anyways thank your for your responses. Will keep you posted

Last edited by a moderator:
do it yourself

manj

The best thing to do is to basically to do what the officer told you she was going to do. Contact social security and get some kind of a letter from them. Get all supporting documents basically do everything in few days or weeks what ins officer would do in 6 months or year then schedule an appointment and take all documents with you. This is your best bet, of course you can hire a a lawyer which might speed things up but the lawyer will do what I suggested get supporting evidence and send it to INS. Good luck