All you optimists out there, please read...

VSC/485

Registered Users (C)
There are a number of folks who think that VSC is basically going to clear 99 cases by the end of the year. IMHO even if you filed in 4/99 it is touch and go this year. They are right now at 3/99. I think it will be end of July before they start 4/99. After that we only have two months left before they start working on FY2001 H-1s. 4/99 RD/ND folks who get RFEs are probably not going to get their 485s approved this year. 5/99 and later folks who get their 485s approved this year are probably really really lucky. What do you all think?

No Title

Of course all of the above is assuming that VSC continues to process on a FIFO basis in large part. If they start implementing the Monte Carlo technique TSC style, then all bets are off of course.

p.s.: Sorry for posting the same message twice.

No Title

When did the PD become current for EB2 last year was it during April ? If so, there might be tons of applications filed in April ?
Does anybody remember ?

No Title

Is it possible they will process I485 as fast as they can until August to reduce the backlog. Then they make the priority dates current again for the new financial year & switch to processing H1Bs.

:O(
Anthony

No Title

Anthony, I don\'t share your optimism. Unfortunately in the case of INS we can\'t believe what they say. The only clue to their actions are what we see on these boards and although processing has speeded up more than a couple of months ago, it has not reached a point where we can say that they will be clearing the backlogs this year.

No Title

I agree. INS is notoriously unpredictable - almost as bad a the stock market! I don\'t think we (or they) will ever know in advance that they will actually clear the backlog. The only difference (that I can recall) this year is the outsourcing of \'certain\' interviews to Baltimore. I\'m hoping they are doing this to ease the burden on Vermont, but I will never know for sure. I don\'t think Baltimore has anything to do with H1B processing, so maybe it will continue interviewing I485 people beyond September?

My RD=05/06/99 (ND=06/03/99, FP=06/21/2000, EB3, Other, PD=Current) makes me hope I am last through the door this year rather than first through the door next year!!!

"Hope for the best, but plan for the worst"
:O)
Anthony