ALL: YOU MUST PLS READ TRANSCRIPT OF SEPT 24 ABOVE on COURT HEARING,& THANK RAJIV

Lost_Batman

Dear Folks, All in Immigration Community:

You must all read the transcript of the Sept 24 court hearing on our suit against BCIS for blatant delays of I-485 and I-140 - in thread above (also copied below):
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=144219

Reading it see the incredibly self-less work being done by Rajiv to help us all out of this quagmire...and then thank him sincerely for all his efforts. Then also kindly be prepared to help in all ways that may be required to win this suit....as tens of hundreds of hopes and families are tied to this.

The case is at a watershed stage now...ruling for certification if it is indeed a class action under which many deserve relief. If the class certification is won than the entire immigration community effected by delays of I-485 and I-140 can benefit from whatever relief the suit wins.

Let us demonstrate the ability to organize ourselves behind this suit and help whenever and as needed. Remember that struggle for justice with any bureaucracy and government is very difficult for any people in any country (as it will be clear when you read their replies in this transcript) - in all history it has only been won where people have shown the ability to organize and present a united front to help themselves.

Rajiv......as immigrant community we can never thank you enough for your such major and heroic efforts.

Sincere thanks to RAJIV. We would have really thanked Rajiv for his real selfless work only when we make sure that every person we know, we talk to him about his contribution trowards this lawsuit. We should let the community know and realise that leaders like Rajiv are around and there work deserve a pat from the community.

For example, if you had attended a wedding ceremony with a known terrorist or somebody of interest to the FBI, not only would all the people who might have been at that wedding be on this list; it would also include all the guests and whatever. So your name would have to be checked specifically to determine whether or not and why you came up on the hit.

This is scary!!!

I doubt that really happens during background check. To avoid class-action case USCIS is just trying to list reasons that are beyond their control and in that process gave this unrealistic example.

But, if that is really true, it's SCARY.

tammy2 said:
This is scary!!!

pv1976 said:
Why would that be scary..?!!
You do not know about the guests attending your friend 's marriage.

If you are from India/Pakistan you will understand it more precisely. We call lot of people for our marriages. Some time we do not know any thing about them. Some time we go to marriages of the people whom we never met or know. Think about their guests

tammy2,
Don't get scared unnessarily. If you read the transcript, the judge too said that the example is really not appropriate.
tammy2 said:
You do not know about the guests attending your friend 's
marriage. If you are from India/Pakistan you will understand it more precisely. We call lot of people for our marriages. Some time we do not know any thing about them. Some time we go to marriages of the people whom we never met or know. Think about their guests