all those going to mexico or canada for visa stamping pl post here....

sripal kumar

Registered Users (C)
hi guys,
I am currently on a F1 visa which is valid for another 3 years. I am starting my residency this july and am getting my H1 visa processed. I am planning to go to mexico to get my visa stamped.

All those who are planning to do that please post here. This way we can get in touch with each other and know the actual situation without getting carried away with false interpretations and rumors.

If anyone has already been to mexico...pl post ur experience here.

thanx,
sripal.

starting residency

hi i was thinking of doing the same thing. I am not really sure about how safe it is either, esp. with change of rules since april 1st. my email Id is skart77@yahoo.com. please email me. And if there is anyone who has done this in recent times. Your input would be valuable.
thanks.
K

GOING TO MEXICO

Hi:
 I am going to mexico to have H1B stamped. I\'m already in residency. Interview is 04/25, already obtained victor Garcia\'s help. I f any one is going we can plan to meet at EL-PASO TX. Anyone who has been to Juarez recently please post your experience especially those with B2 VISA ENTRY to F1 STATUS THEN TO H1B STATUS? Thanks

Please be sure to take B2 to F1 change aproval notice from INS

Also you may need to show proof that you have been in status at all times. I hope you have finished the degree for which your F1 was aproved. If not its pretty much a lost cause.

Refused VISA in Toronto

A Friend of mine was in Bio-Tech Field was refused VISA at the Toronto Embassy. The reason they stated they could not issue the H1B VISA at that moment was because Bio-Technology is a sensitive field and it will take them 2 weeks to 6 months to decide. They stamped Refuse without BIAS. She was able to come back but she was very lucky they did not check her passport well enough. So make sure u have a counter plan to go to India when u go to Toronto.
MS

Ciudad Juarez AmeriCon Warning for TCN (from the immigration-law website)

The American Consulate in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico has posted the following warning for the Third Country National nonimmigrant visa
     applicants concerning automatic visa revalidation issue:

IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to an April 1, 2002 change in regulations, applicants will only be able to re-enter the United States if
     they are found eligible for a new visa and actually have the visa stamped in their passport. I-94 forms (even if valid), accompanied
     by previous expired visas, will no longer be valid for the automatic re-entry of persons from Canada or Mexico if during their visit
     they applied for a new visa that has not, in fact, been issued.