All of us who are stuck in Name Check

AtlGC_Guy

Registered Users (C)
I am stuck in Name Check for last 2+ years like many others here and writing letters,sending faxes to FBI is totally useless.Also sending FOIA is also of no use even if it comes back with No Records. I contacted my local FBI and they were very helpful and the Agent took my info and got back to me a day later.Same answer "Pending". He told me that the Name check Division has lot of problems and they are losing people on top of the huge backlog they have. According to him, all these stories we hear that FBI Name check is trying to implement a new System to eliminate backlogs is all BS. Right now,NNCP Division is in a hopless state.

Here is what i think we can atleast do.It may not help any individuals case and i dont think there is a way to speed up any individual case.

I wrote to Congress Committes who had hearing with FBI NNCP in the last 2 years and I explained them the state of affairs at FBI NNCP and how thousands of people are suffering. If all of you canfax a request to the Committee, it will certainly get attention from law makers.
Whether they do something about it or not, we dont know but what do we lose after all?one sheet of fax and ten minutes of time to write up something.

I request you all to act now and fax their office.

Here are the links to the Committee offices and the FBI testimony to those committees.

http://wwwc.house.gov/international_relations/
http://reform.house.gov/
http://www.house.gov/science/

Congress Hearing Links:
http://www.fbi.gov/congress/congres...rrity022504.htm

http://www.fbi.gov/congress/congres...rrity071003.htm

http://wwwc.house.gov/international...8/gar021304.htm

Finally, Guys dont give up on this and please fax to their office.
Whether we see any benefit for individual cases or not, we will definitely need to bring it to their attention as we may see a benefit atleast in the next year or so. If we leave it like this, NNCP will take for ever in the pretext of National Security with the way they are struggling right now.

AtlGC_Guy:

I am in the same boat as you are.

I would like to to write Congress Committes.

would it be possible for you to share the letter and fax numbers that you had sent to committes.

Please send the letter and the fax numbers to my email address

Me email is pearl11142002@yahoo.com

Thanks;
-Pearl

Committee on International Relations:
Fax: (202) 225-2035

Committee on Science
Fax: (202) 226-0113

Committe on Govt Reforms
Fax: (202) 225-3974

I think everyone should and come up with a letter format(4 or 5 lines) that outlines the hardships with the Name check program (unusual delays 2-3 years and no customer service or no way to find status etc).
We can also explain why we are writing this and the Green card process we are going thru etc.

I suggest that we NOT use one standard format and make it look like a spam.

Be Sure to write your name and may be email address or phone number because anonymous message is definitely NOT a good idea.

Contacting press

Since its happening to whole lot of people I was wondering can we run a press story or soemthing on it. That will get attention.

sept_neb_filler said:
Since its happening to whole lot of people I was wondering can we run a press story or soemthing on it. That will get attention.
I don't want to sound negative but they legislature would most likely brush this off with old excuses of national security. The only way to challenge this is through lawsuits and more lawsuits. Until enough lawsuits have been filed and won, would the FBI realize the importance of allocating more resources for namecheck.

My husband's name check has been pending for three years and mine was cleared in two months. I don't think pending name checks are a matter of backlog. I think it is related only to your individual case and a bigger head count may only speed up cases like mine (2mo) but it won't do a thing to speed up my husband's (3 yrs).

Once you have a "hit" in the database it becomes a matter of getting additional information from other agencies, information storages and your native countries so the FBI sometimes doesn't have anything to do with the delay. I was told that at times it is a matter of letting your "hit" expire if the "hit" was related to some acitivity that is time-sensitive (like serving in a foreign army etc). I'll look at the links but like I mentioned in my other posts after four inquiries to the senators and congressmen I don't hold any hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
udacha6,

how do you find status of your name check. Can you or someone else tell me how to find name check status.

EB2 PD 11/01
140/485 02/04
140 approved 03/05
485 ????
On 3rd EAD/AP
FP Code 1 04/04
FP code 2 05/05
FP code 1 10/05

Name Check Status

After 3 years, FBI has responded to my name check request. They responded to Congressman's inquiry for my case:

----------------
I am responding to your facsimile inquiry, concerning
the name check status of XXXX for immigration purposes.

A review of the Federal Bureau of Investigation's (FBI's) Name Check Program
database concerning XXXX revealed that two requests were received from
the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) January 4,
2003, and February 26, 2004, respectively. Both of these submissions were
processed and finalized today, February 28, 2006. The results were
forwarded to the USCIS Headquarters, Washington, D.C.

I trust this information will assist you in responding to your constituent.
-----------

1. Does it mean?
2. my case has been cleared?
3. Can I be hopefull?
4. What can be next step?

Gurus, please help....

Keepthehope,

Mr.Forever485 answered your question and that's exactly how I know what is going on with our name check - every six months we file a new inquiry with our Congressman to see where we at.

Mr.Forever485 said:
After 3 years, FBI has responded to my name check request. They responded to Congressman's inquiry for my case:

----------------
I am responding to your facsimile inquiry, concerning
the name check status of XXXX for immigration purposes.

A review of the Federal Bureau of Investigation's (FBI's) Name Check Program
database concerning XXXX revealed that two requests were received from
the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) January 4,
2003, and February 26, 2004, respectively. Both of these submissions were
processed and finalized today, February 28, 2006. The results were
forwarded to the USCIS Headquarters, Washington, D.C.

I trust this information will assist you in responding to your constituent.
-----------

1. Does it mean?
3. Can I be hopefull?

Gurus, please help....
When congressman had intiated inquiry?
1. Does it mean?
A . FBI Namecheck process is completed.
A. FBI Namecheck process is completed. I think FBI never says if it is cleared. :confused:
3. Can I be hopefull?
A .yes
A. wait for approval if you PD is current .

BTW, please ND,RD,PD, EB category and country detail of your case.

My fax from the FBI said that the check was "completed". This one says that it was "finalized" which is less definite than "completed" and may mean a transfer with an interview or more delay or may mean that it was cleared.

When USCIS initiate FBI name check??

I have applied for 140/485 in Jan-2006. I didn’t know my case was stuck in name check until FBI agent showed up at my door :eek: and asked me some questions and also mentioned that there is nothing to be worried about. Those questions were related to the job that i left 3 years back. He told me you might laugh after i ask you these question but your name showed up in our system. But anyway he was more than satisfied and told me your name shouldn't be there.
Now my question is USCIS initiate FBI name check while processing 140 or 485? I haven’t receive any approval for 140,EAD or AP yet. No LUD on my case.

USCIS sends request to FBI on name check soon after receiving I-485, within approximately one month.

Cincinnati,

I am is a similar situation. No approval on any of my applications. I called National Customer Service Center 2 weeks ago to inquire about my EAD and I received an email next that it is under going security checks. I will wait until I140 is 30 days outside processing dates and I will call again.

What is your status now?

Cincinnati said:
I have applied for 140/485 in Jan-2006. I didn’t know my case was stuck in name check until FBI agent showed up at my door :eek: and asked me some questions and also mentioned that there is nothing to be worried about. Those questions were related to the job that i left 3 years back. He told me you might laugh after i ask you these question but your name showed up in our system. But anyway he was more than satisfied and told me your name shouldn't be there.
Now my question is USCIS initiate FBI name check while processing 140 or 485? I haven’t receive any approval for 140,EAD or AP yet. No LUD on my case.