• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

ALl GHANA 2014 DV LOTTERY SELECTEES MEET HERE

Thank you, I will go there again, I went there 2 weeks ago and I was told that I should expect it in 3 weeks time from the day of arrival in the US. So I will go to the office again on Thursday.

I didn't realize you had already visited them. But they should have been able to give you your number? You don't really need the card itself, just the number for bank accounts, jobs etc.

I didn't realize you had already visited them. But they should have been able to give you your number? You don't really need the card itself, just the number for bank accounts, jobs etc.
Yeah, I will try again, I need it for job, even just the number will help.

Hello DNL2, how Long did it take for you to receive your SS card? Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since I arrived but have still not received it, I kept checking my mail cos they told me it would be in my mail box. Still waiting. I need it more than the green card now.

Hello ghan,
U have to go to the ssa office to fill de application form. U will get it in 5 days. Which state are u!?

Yeah, I will try again, I need it for job, even just the number will help.

Okay, this is it. The one we filled with de lottery forms takes a while before it gets to the social security office. So it's best to complete another application in the office and they will see in the system if it's been requested for u already. If it has, they won't continue, if not, they will do it n in 5-10 days u shd have it. U basically don't need de ssn for bank acc. Bank of America will take ur passport, and a visa ATM card for identification n open de acc for u. Don't know abt other banks. Once u have the ssn u can go update dem.

Hope dis helps

Hello abiwise
Please left with tertiary certificate from a recognized institution she attended
Also kindly look at someone's signature then follow to create a signature so that we will look at it when you post so that we can help you ok
Log on to the forum
Click on forum actions
Click on edit profile
Click on edit signature
Then create ok
Hope this helps
Thanks

Okay, this is it. The one we filled with de lottery forms takes a while before it gets to the social security office. So it's best to complete another application in the office and they will see in the system if it's been requested for u already. If it has, they won't continue, if not, they will do it n in 5-10 days u shd have it. U basically don't need de ssn for bank acc. Bank of America will take ur passport, and a visa ATM card for identification n open de acc for u. Don't know abt other banks. Once u have the ssn u can go update dem.
Hope dis helps

Thank you, DNL2, I will go there tomorrow.

hello guys..hows everyone doing?i have a little problem...when i went for my interview the consular told me that i didnt have to make another police report from ghana even if it expires because i wasn't living there or wouldn't be going there anytime soon..till now..i had to make a very urgent and short trip there..spent only 5 days,came back on wednesday and the report expires today..do i now have to make a new one??

Hello abiwise
Please left with tertiary certificate from a recognized institution she attended
Also kindly look at someone's signature then follow to create a signature so that we will look at it when you post so that we can help you ok
Log on to the forum
Click on forum actions
Click on edit profile
Click on edit signature
Then create ok
Hope this helps
Thanks

O.K thank you very much Maame

am actually representing my junior sister here on this educative platform. below are her details:
case number:2014AF00021xxx
Medicals :done
police :received
interview :17th march 2014

any advice. what is the affidavit of support?...Thank you

soo sad...hmm ...the CO asked my sister her name and told her she's got genuine documents but she failed core maths so she can't give her the Visa. just like that...hmmm....
family please is there any hope again. ..and is the case like that they keep her photocopies of her certificate,birth cert and the police report after failure to issue the visa???....advice me fam cos my sister is very upset.

Last edited by a moderator:
a week by this tym God wil make a way for me.
folks I need your prayers. pls remember me in prayers.
a week by this tym I wil also post hurray visa approved in jesus name
AMEN
big jerry
af23***

soo sad...hmm ...the CO asked my sister her name and told her she's got genuine documents but she failed core maths so she can't give her the Visa. just like that...hmmm....
family please is there any hope again. ..and is the case like that they keep her photocopies of her certificate,birth cert and the police report after failure to issue the visa???....advice me fam cos my sister is very upset.

Unfortunately it sounds like she failed to meet the minimum education requirement. If that's the case she cannot be granted a visa. Sorry :(