• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

ALl GHANA 2014 DV LOTTERY SELECTEES MEET HERE

I got this reply from the US embassy in Accra

''Thank you for your email.
The non-biometric passport will be accepted so
long as it is within validity.
We hope this information is helpful to you.
Sincerely,
U.S. Embassy Accra
Consular Section
Note: You should never pay for travel
arrangements (e.g., airfare, hotels) without
having a visa in your possession. The U.S.
Embassy accepts no responsibility if you do so.
We are unable to guarantee the issuance of a U.S.
visa before a fixed travel date. You risk
significant financial losses if you ignore this
advice.
**** Please include your case number in all
correspondence ****''

Thanks gh50,
I guess something was wrong somewhere because my child's blue passport was to expire in 2017, but I was asked to get the bio metric one first and we did before they issued the visa. Unless maybe the blue is valid for immigrant purposes but not non immigrant.
I still don't get it though, but thanks.

Thanks gh50,
I guess something was wrong somewhere because my child's blue passport was to expire in 2017, but I was asked to get the bio metric one first and we did before they issued the visa. Unless maybe the blue is valid for immigrant purposes but not non immigrant.
I still don't get it though, but thanks.

I also really don't get it here but I think all the same lil-kay should go ahead to get the new one to avoid any delays.

Last edited by a moderator:
how long does the medicals and the police report takes... cuz my interview is 6th nov..

Well you'd best get on that and book that medical, and apply for the police report. Timings for both of those vary by location - just go ahead with them now....

how long does the medicals and the police report takes... cuz my interview is 6th nov..

medicals take at most 2 weeks; Akai house 2 weeks, Holy Trinity 1 week.
My Police report took 3 weeks to mature. Please look sharp...

After prayer comes action. Faith without works is dead faith.
with 10days more to my d-day, i Just went through all my documents and organised them in a file. I'm set. Just cant wait...cos God has done it already.
By His grace, i will come back smiling, i know!!!!
Good luck fellow October Interviewees!!! We all have a testimony to share. Let's go 4 our visas!!!

Thanks gh50!!
Wish u guys all the best...
I have one concern tho... I am using my a non biometric passport. I doubt if its an issue because its still valid and has Abt 3 yrs more before it expires. What do u guys think?

No it will not have any effect on your case processing. I asked an immigration officer at the national passport office just last week and he told me all the old passports will not be valid after 2015 but for now they are accepted any where one wish to use it. I went on to call the US Embassy in Accra to confirm and it was confirmed old passports with six months validity periods are accepted.

After prayer comes action. Faith without works is dead faith.
with 10days more to my d-day, i Just went through all my documents and organised them in a file. I'm set. Just cant wait...cos God has done it already.
By His grace, i will come back smiling, i know!!!!
Good luck fellow October Interviewees!!! We all have a testimony to share. Let's go 4 our visas!!!

Good luck Lil-Kay. We are meeting @ the embassy same time 1st October for the interview. God see us all through successfully. I also have all my documents ready in a file waiting graciously for that fateful day. 1st October the interview day and 2nd October happens to be my birthday. Hope God offer me the visa as a birthday present, which I believe He will.

Good luck Lil-Kay. We are meeting @ the embassy same time 1st October for the interview. God see us all through successfully. I also have all my documents ready in a file waiting graciously for that fateful day. 1st October the interview day and 2nd October happens to be my birthday. Hope God offer me the visa as a birthday present, which I believe He will.

Raphoo you are going to get arguably the best birthday gift of your life on that day. God dey bro

i pray u get the best bday present. dat will b awesome. i celebrated my bday shortly after seeing that i had been randomly selected for further processin for dv 2014. it trippled d celebration. next is my moms big bash at d end of Oct so i pray my success makes it a double...lol

I also really don't get it here but I think all the same lil-kay should go ahead to get the new one to avoid any delays.

i do have the new one...wit the old one cancelled evn tho it had abt 2 yrs to expiry. d point is that i didnt know how soon i would go for the interview (didnt even think it wld b dis year) and subsequently how soon i wld leave the country cos i intend to leav in d new yr. so i had the renewal done to b on the safer side with morrr time to its expiry.
gh50, can u pls add a signature to ur postings...tnx

Lil-kay and Raphoo 8 days to go...all the best.

Yes oooooh, days r running fast....mannnnn DV requires a lot of patience...one's gotta occupy him/herself wit somtn as d time approaches else the mind keeps dwelling on the whole experience...cant sit idle without thinkin abt sometn DV-related...
Hey, saw the cut-off for November and its 13000 for AF, meaning u wld b current in December...Hope u have an xmas gift then!

Well,first of all i just wanna congratulate all my fellow Ghanaians (selectees ). its great hearing from you guys,you know sharing ideas and helping each other out.i hope God in His own wisdom grant us the energy,the motivation,encouragement and most importantly guide us in all our endeavors throughout this journey..to those of you having your interview next month,i just wanna wish y'all the best of luck..i would have love to add my signature to this post but i don't know how to go about it,either way my case number is around 21xxx.

Signature

My interview is on october 1.I have been following this thread for a long time but i dont know how to add my signature

Bronsted and Gideon pls this is how you do it;on the full website you click forum actions ,edit profile,my settings and then edit signature. I think this should help.