• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

ALl GHANA 2014 DV LOTTERY SELECTEES MEET HERE

Got there around 6:30 i entered around 7:30 and was called for the interview around 11:30
Me:good morning
Co:hi
We made da swear
Co:where did u go to shs?
Me. Ans
Co. Which year did u complete ur sss
Me. Ans
Co. Wat r the courses you did?
Me. Ans
Co. Wer do you sch nw?
Me. Ans
Co.wat program are u studying?
Me. Ans
Co. Wat r some courses u study?
Me. Ans...
Co.dont make travel plans bla bla
Me. Ok
Co. Take care
Me. U too
Gave me the blue sheet and said come next week friday for the visa pick up

We thank God for another success story, congrats bro.

I arrived at the embassy at exactly 6:43am and were directed to join the DV,IV queue.I was the first person on the queue
Once at the entrance, the officer in charge checked my appointment letter and then asked me to proceed to security.
I did all the security checks.When I got to the waiting area, another officer took my appointment letter from me and asked me sit and wait. After about 8mins,my name was called to window 1 where I was given an invoice to go and pay my visa fees..I then proceeded to pay my visa visa fee(858ghc) exactly..The cashier was a little bit strict on the payment..ie He needed the exact amount of money,nothing less,nothing more..After the payment i was the asked to sit down again..
Back to the waiting area, after about 10MINS or so, I was called again to window 2 to submit my documents.The lady was very pleasant though..She took all the relevant docs,and gave me the non-relevant ones like my letter of recommendation and I think photocopy of my police cert..word of advice,arrange your docs nicely to make sorting it easier..I guess that's more reason things moved a bit quicker for me..The lady actually commended me for that..
Well, back to the waiting area,Can't recall the exact time though.I was called again to window 1 to be ten printed..Not long after the ten-printing,I was finally called for the big conversation with the CO,window 6 to be precise..I was the first person to be interviewed,so i guess everyone waiting there was eagerly anticipating to see the outcome of my interview..lol it was around 8.33am
at the interview booth:shortest interview so far,less than 40secs
Me: Good morning
CO: Good morning, how are you today?
Me: Very fine, thank you.
CO: I would need you to all raise your right hand and swear to tell the truth
Me: I do
CO: I need you to sign against the highlighted area on the form.he gives the forms I sent to KCC and i signed and gave it back.
CO: What do you too now
ME: I answered
CO: When did you start working
CO:ll your documents are fine. I have approved your case,please don’t make any travel arrangements until you have picked up your visa BLAH BLAH and the gave me the famous blue sheet..lol
Me: OK,THANKS Sir enjoy your day..

Mabr3 rough but i guess it was worth it..LOL Britsimon,Ghanaman,GH50,ANNANSCOK,ROSELYNA,MAAME AFUA,VANSARK,PHILIP1ON1 and all furum members,i appreciate all your support and encouragement ..Thank you very much and its my Prayers,the Good Lord see everyone through.
We thank God for this sweet news. Congratulations my brother.

hi everyone...i just got home.Thank GOD!!!!...i live in st petersburg which is like accra and kumasi...well my interview was short too...as you all know it was scheduled for 9:30 am..my train arrived in moscow at 6:30..continued my journey to the embassy..got there at 7:00 am..there was a lonnngggggg line..i panicked a little and then i decided to join..went through security..checked appointment confirmation and then went to pay my visa fee...came back to a lady who was collecting all docs.and yes AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT WITH THE SPONSOR'S W2 FORM AND HIS TAX RETURN AND MY PERSONAL BANK STATEMENT WAS INCLUDED..all these were done in an hour..I sat for about an hour and a half till i was called to come to a room..it was a nice young lady..she asked me swear,took my finger prints and then her first question was why i decided to play the lottery?i also changed my US address on the kcc form to my boyfriend's...she asked me why and that if i'd be living with him..she asked me if he was a citizen and if i had met him on one of my trips to the US..she asked how long wev been dating and my plans when i come and settle in the us.she kept on nodding and saying lovely whilst she typed...we started chatting about Capecod MA where i did summer work and travel once..and Japan which is like my second home..then she said it was nice meeting you congrats visa approved..i asked her if i need a new police report from gh since it would be expiring in march and shesaid no because i don't live there..its not like somebody is going to commit a crime in your name(her words)..i thanked her took all my original docs and left...I wasn't given any paper..She just told me i'd receive my passport in a week by pony express and that was it!!!!Thanks guys youve all been amazing...and to those who are yet to go...trust me..its not that serious!!!Calm your nerves and know that its already yours to begin with!!!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
hi everyone...i just got home.Thank GOD!!!!...i live in st petersburg which is like accra and kumasi...well my interview was short too...as you all know it was scheduled for 9:30 am..my train arrived in moscow at 6:30..continued my journey to the embassy..got there at 7:00 am..there was a lonnngggggg line..i panicked a little and then i decided to join..went through security..checked appointment confirmation and then went to pay my visa fee...came back to a lady who was collecting all docs.and yes AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT WITH THE SPONSOR'S W2 FORM AND HIS TAX RETURN AND MY PERSONAL BANK STATEMENT WAS INCLUDED..all these were done in an hour..I sat for about an hour and a half till i was called to come to a room..it was a nice young lady..she asked me swear,took my finger prints and then her first question was why i decided to play the lottery?i also changed my US address on the kcc form to my boyfriend's...she asked me why and that if i'd be living with him..she asked me if he was a citizen and if i had met him on one of my trips to the US..she asked how long wev been dating and my plans when i come and settle in the us.she kept on nodding and saying lovely whilst she typed...we started chatting about Capecod MA where i did summer work and travel once..and Japan which is like my second home..then she said it was nice meeting you congrats visa approved..i asked her if i need a new police report from gh since it would be expiring in march and shesaid no because i don't live there..its not like somebody is going to commit a crime in your name(her words)..i thanked her took all my original docs and left...I wasn't given any paper..She just told me i'd receive my passport in a week by pony express and that was it!!!!Thanks guys youve all been amazing...and to those who are yet to go...trust me..its not that serious!!!Calm your nerves and know that its already yours to begin with!!!:)

Congratulations!

I arrived at the embassy at exactly 6:43am and were directed to join the DV,IV queue.I was the first person on the queue
Once at the entrance, the officer in charge checked my appointment letter and then asked me to proceed to security.
I did all the security checks.When I got to the waiting area, another officer took my appointment letter from me and asked me sit and wait. After about 8mins,my name was called to window 1 where I was given an invoice to go and pay my visa fees..I then proceeded to pay my visa visa fee(858ghc) exactly..The cashier was a little bit strict on the payment..ie He needed the exact amount of money,nothing less,nothing more..After the payment i was the asked to sit down again..
Back to the waiting area, after about 10MINS or so, I was called again to window 2 to submit my documents.The lady was very pleasant though..She took all the relevant docs,and gave me the non-relevant ones like my letter of recommendation and I think photocopy of my police cert..word of advice,arrange your docs nicely to make sorting it easier..I guess that's more reason things moved a bit quicker for me..The lady actually commended me for that..
Well, back to the waiting area,Can't recall the exact time though.I was called again to window 1 to be ten printed..Not long after the ten-printing,I was finally called for the big conversation with the CO,window 6 to be precise..I was the first person to be interviewed,so i guess everyone waiting there was eagerly anticipating to see the outcome of my interview..lol it was around 8.33am
CO: I need you to sign against the highlighted area on the form.he gives the forms I sent to KCC and i signed and gave it back.
CO:ll your documents are fine. I have approved your case,please don’t make any travel arrangements until you have picked up your visa BLAH BLAH and the gave me the famous blue sheet..lol

Mabr3 rough but i guess it was worth it..LOL Britsimon,Ghanaman,GH50,ANNANSCOK,ROSELYNA,MAAME AFUA,VANSARK,PHILIP1ON1 and all furum members,i appreciate all your support and encouragement ..Thank you very much and its my Prayers,the Good Lord see everyone through.

congrats Gideon, i guess the baton has been officially handed over to me .

Congratulations bro

Congratulations sis

That was so straight forward and quick congrats

To Maame Afua, I was also at the Akai clinic on the 18th March, 2014. At 11:00am. I paid ghc519.00. I took three vaccinations and laboratory test. And the nurse told me i still have two more injection to take on my collection date. And she also said i should come along with ghc140.00 to pay for the other injections. So generally the Medical fee is Ghc514.00 + ghc140.00 and it total is ghc659.00. Gideon, did u pay less than What i have paid or more?

To Maame Afua, I was also at the Akai clinic on the 18th March, 2014. At 11:00am. I paid ghc519.00. I took three vaccinations and laboratory test. And the nurse told me i still have two more injection to take on my collection date. And she also said i should come along with ghc140.00 to pay for the other injections. So generally the Medical fee is Ghc514.00 + ghc140.00 and it total is ghc659.00. Gideon, did u pay less than What i have paid or more?

No i paid less than that..I paid around 470 on my first day there..And 91cedis for my next vaccine on my collection date..They ask me to bring 41cedi for my last shot tho..so in all that will be 602ghc

Just to let all kno dat I left Accra, Ghana yesterday & arrived at Moorhead, Minnesota, USA, a few hours ago today.
e dey beeeee.....
i just wanna thank all for your prayers, support and pieces of advice.
it is d sum of it all that has brought me this far.
God bless!
i pray that you who are also yet to secure ur visas & also depart to focus your strengths in dis venture & God will bless your efforts.
WHEN we all get here then we plan the big get together.
U wil notice that i used the word "WHEN" not "IF"... Meaning all will make it...IJN!!!

Brace yourself for the weather tho' if ure coming this season!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh ok dear.
The nurse said the second vaccine costs is 104 ghs dear maybe you didn't get her right. Meeennn the price is too much. Hmmmm its serious papa.
Edmond please when are you going for your second vaccine mine is on the 17th of March.

UPDATE:I just received my passport a few minutes ago by pony express..It was a home delivery..Can somebody explain the USCIS fee to me..mine came in Russian...and my Russian is very rusty :(

Oh ok dear.
The nurse said the second vaccine costs is 104 ghs dear maybe you didn't get her right. Meeennn the price is too much. Hmmmm its serious papa.
Edmond please when are you going for your second vaccine mine is on the 17th of March.

Maame Afua, mine is on the 18th march. Private inbox me your number and date of your interview Maame Afua. I wish we all depart from GH together.

Just to let all kno dat I left Accra, Ghana yesterday & arrived at Moorhead, Minnesota, USA, a few hours ago today.
e dey beeeee.....
i just wanna thank all for your prayers, support and pieces of advice.
it is d sum of it all that has brought me this far.
God bless!
i pray that you who are also yet to secure ur visas & also depart to focus your strengths in dis venture & God will bless your efforts.
WHEN we all get here then we plan the big get together.
U wil notice that i used the word "WHEN" not "IF"... Meaning all will make it...IJN!!!

Brace yourself for the weather tho' if ure coming this season!!!

All glory to God