• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian DV 2016 selectee join here

Hello everyone
I and my husband are among the winners of (DV2016) in Ethiopia, We already had our interview on December 1 and everything went well but lastly the CO asked me to tell him the last courses i took in my university degree and couldn't remember more than one, then he told us that our case need few weeks more under administrative processes and will call us while they are done with the processes. Now we are staring on our phone all the time waiting them to call us. It has been a week. My question is i couldn't even cheek my visa status at the website they gave us even eliminating the zeros in my CN. My CN is 2016AF000069##
Greetings Alem. I am DV 2016 selectee to From ethio Dire Dawa. A friend of mine ( whine I met on a DV winners form) had such case And he had been put to an AP for a minor mistake. They do this to just clarify if you are fraud or not. They might look in to your degree too. But if your documents are real they will probably give you your passport with the visa stamped on after they call you and collect your passport. He has been called to send his passport after three weeks of AP and he is waiting for the passport.

Tnxs, my question is my document is almost old in that case i need to replace by new so is that have a problem? and my cn is AF21### when i will be schedule for interview

Tnxs, my question is my document is almost old in that case i need to replace by new so is that have a problem? and my cn is AF21### when i will be scheduled for interview?
Hello Abino,
1,I don't think you have to renew your old documents what they only need is authentication.
2,the date of your interview will depend on when you submit your D's 260 form, I am not an expert on this issue though.

Okay Alem but in my all transcript my grand father name is different means BEFIKADU,BEFEKADU But The right one is which i used in pass port ,birth cert ,grade 10 cert & on my diploma cert. BEFKADU, Which means i have 3 different name so ,that is why i need to replace it

Okay Alem but in my all transcript my grand father name is different means BEFIKADU,BEFEKADU But The right one is which i used in pass port ,birth cert ,grade 10 cert & on my diploma cert. BEFKADU, Which means i have 3 different name so ,that is why i need to replace it
it is not that much difficult to make corrections if you already have your birth certificate at hand. you can can show them that as evidence. BTW which city are you from?

Greetings Alem. I am DV 2016 selectee to From ethio Dire Dawa. A friend of mine ( whine I met on a DV winners form) had such case And he had been put to an AP for a minor mistake. They do this to just clarify if you are fraud or not. They might look in to your degree too. But if your documents are real they will probably give you your passport with the visa stamped on after they call you and collect your passport. He has been called to send his passport after three weeks of AP and he is waiting for the passport.
Tnx a lot, it's really a relief, but one more question. what was that minor mistake of him?

Tnx a lot, it's really a relief, but one more question. what was that minor mistake of him?
he had printed out new grade 12 certificate form the Ministry of education (MOE) because the old one was damaged by water. By the time of interview they suspected if it was fake and they put him on AP.

hy OZ DD i replace all my documents so is that have any problem?

hy OZ DD i replace all my documents so is that have any problem?
What documents have you replaced? I thought you had your interview and your problem was only that you couldn't remember the courses you took and for that you have been put on AP. So what documents needed a replace?

What documents have you replaced? I thought you had your interview and your problem was only that you couldn't remember the courses you took and for that you have been put on AP. So what documents needed a replace?
All my transcrips from grade 10 ,10+1 -10+3 bcoz in my grand father name is different(befikadu, befekadu) but the correct one is befkadu which i used on birth cert. Pass port & grade 10 cert

All my transcrips from grade 10 ,10+1 -10+3 bcoz in my grand father name is different(befikadu, befekadu) but the correct one is befkadu which i used on birth cert. Pass port & grade 10 cert
My mistake Mr Abino, I haven't read your name correctly while I was replying to you, I thought you were Alem. That being said, I want to add that you have to be confident bcoz you only know what you have changed. You have nothing to worry about as long as all your documents are real.

My mistake Mr Abino, I haven't read your name correctly while I was replying to you, I thought you were Alem. That being said, I want to add that you have to be confident bcoz you only know what you have changed. You have nothing to worry about as long as all your documents are real.
one mote question does affidavit support is needed? i-134 form and if it is must how can i get ?

one mote question does affidavit support is needed? i-134 form and if it is must how can i get ?
As most people from this forum who are Ethiopians tell us, they say it's not needed and will not be asked at the time of interview, but I my self have prepared one for my self. Bcoz over prepared is always the best. You can get an affidavit of support from some on who is permanent resident or some one who is citizen in America. He can sign and send it to you by DHL

As most people from this forum who are Ethiopians tell us, they say it's not needed and will not be asked at the time of interview, but I my self have prepared one for my self. Bcoz over prepared is always the best. You can get an affidavit of support from some on who is permanent resident or some one who is citizen in America. He can sign and send it to you by DHL
hy I back again , yestrday i take my birth cert. From mettu admin. But my problem is they only write zone mean zat have no birth place. "Place of Birth : Ilubabor" . I think it is must to include place of birh. Or is it enough?

hy I back again , yestrday i take my birth cert. From mettu admin. But my problem is they only write zone mean zat have no birth place. "Place of Birth : Ilubabor" . I think it is must to include place of birh. Or is it enough?
I think it's enough. I say this bcoz mine also says " place of birth Dire Dawa" . I think the system goes that far. But you can get back to the Admin and ask if they can include even further specific Place of birth. And if you have birth certificate of Hospital, its even better, but most of us who were born back then didn't have such hospital BC.