• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2014 dv winners meet here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Sm1smom and SusieQQQ,

I have no idea of the records been kept. I have no problem whatsoever to cover up but it is amazing. I was not consoling binafana for his lie but i thought it wouldn't matter as far as it was not on the documents presented to the CO. Whatever lie he made he shouldn't have done it and it is damaging. I pity him. But thanks both of you.

Dear ormania before joining this forum i was living in terror and even abandoned the DV case for some months. I was corresponding with KCCDV@state.cov before discovering about this forum.

I have an issue with the name spelling my name is spelled two way BINAFANA or XINAFANA.But i favor the one on congratulation paper which is different from high school certificate. Being confident am gonna fix it with court i email KCC that i have changed it on court which the judge refused to change dismissing it's the same name for one person. The only way have to do is i have official records from school and offices spelled with both.

Hi how are you all doing.
First of all would like to Congrats piuygiu . It was really a great news . Regarding the name it had never been a bases for disqualification in Ethiopia specially in the recent times. With Ethiopian differences in the ordering of names was almost considered normal as the requirements with different formats are forcing you to do so. Furthermore our understanding of the family name and sure name is also different. any way almost all embassies in Ethiopia do have this understanding thus was not considered as a problem. Any way the naming order in the passport is different from the other documents. The most important thing however is to have the names in a proper and similar spelling.

The other information I do have is the so far issuance of 2014 DV. According to the information of DV2014 CEAC Data as of 1/1/2014 or up to the end of December 30 ,,, the Addis Ababa Embassy processed 1410 visas out of these 330 visas are issued, 48 refused, 989 are ready and 3 transferred. I actually do not know what it implies for the forum members, would like to know your insights about these figures.

best

Dear ofegi,

You didn't get piuygiu's point. We are not worried about the first name, middle name and sure name ordering but the spelling errors that occur in one's passport, birth certificate, marriage, educational docs etc. He is saying even spelling errors are been tolerated at the embassy.

As for the data, 1,319 out of 1410 seems good record. But the more we go deep in to the FY the refusal rate will increase hugely.

Hi how are you all doing.
First of all would like to Congrats piuygiu . It was really a great news . Regarding the name it had never been a bases for disqualification in Ethiopia specially in the recent times. With Ethiopian differences in the ordering of names was almost considered normal as the requirements with different formats are forcing you to do so. Furthermore our understanding of the family name and sure name is also different. any way almost all embassies in Ethiopia do have this understanding thus was not considered as a problem. Any way the naming order in the passport is different from the other documents. The most important thing however is to have the names in a proper and similar spelling.

The other information I do have is the so far issuance of 2014 DV. According to the information of DV2014 CEAC Data as of 1/1/2014 or up to the end of December 30 ,,, the Addis Ababa Embassy processed 1410 visas out of these 330 visas are issued, 48 refused, 989 are ready and 3 transferred. I actually do not know what it implies for the forum members, would like to know your insights about these figures.

best

Dear ofegi,

You didn't get piuygiu's point. We are not worried about the first name, middle name and sure name ordering but the spelling errors that occur in one's passport, birth certificate, marriage, educational docs etc. He is saying even spelling errors are been tolerated at the embassy.

As for the data, 1,319 out of 1410 seems good record. But the more we go deep in to the FY the refusal rate will increase hugely.

Dear ormania before joining this forum i was living in terror and even abandoned the DV case for some months. I was corresponding with KCCDV@state.cov before discovering about this forum.

I have an issue with the name spelling my name is spelled two way BINAFANA or XINAFANA.But i favor the one on congratulation paper which is different from high school certificate. Being confident am gonna fix it with court i email KCC that i have changed it on court which the judge refused to change dismissing it's the same name for one person. The only way have to do is i have official records from school and offices spelled with both.

Oh my! That is no good man. But are your passport, Birth certificate and Congratulation paper have same spelling? If that is the case you are ok, according to piuygui and others testimonies. But if you have seen what SusieQQQ and S1 said your correspondences with KCC will be sent to the embassy and that means you raised unnecessary alarm on your self. Hmmm...

Hmm.. I don't actually think that is a big problem, your embassy will be aware of name issues, if you say you thought judge would change it then he refused saying it is the same name... I think you might be ok, especially as you have certificates with both named.

Hmm.. I don't actually think that is a big problem, your embassy will be aware of name issues, if you say you thought judge would change it then he refused saying it is the same name... I think you might be ok, especially as you have certificates with both named.

Let us hope then....

UPDATED INTERVIEW STATUS, WITH FEBRUARY INTERVIEW SCHEDULE (ETHIOPIA)

[tr]
[td]S/N[/td]
[td]NAME[/td]
[td]CASE NUMBER[/td]
[td]INTERVIEW STATUS[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]1[/td]
[td]piuygiu
[/td]
[td]2014AF0005***
[/td]
[td]VISA GRANTED[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2[/td]
[td]kid123[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]VISA GRANTED[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]3[/td]
[td]natna[/td]
[td]2014AF0006***[/td]
[td]VISA GRANTED[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]4[/td]
[td]lehw[/td]
[td]2014AF00010***
[/td]
[td]Feb. 19[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]5[/td]
[td]gett[/td]
[td]2014AF00012***
[/td]
[td]2nd NL RCVD, No. Info[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]6[/td]
[td]sadat13[/td]
[td]2014AF00015***
[/td]
[td]Feb. 5[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]7[/td]
[td]ison2013[/td]
[td]2014AF00017***[/td]
[td]Monday/Tuesday[/td]
[/tr]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STATUS FROM MARCH-SEPTEMEBR

[tr]
[td]S/N[/td]
[td]NAME[/td]
[td]CASE NUMBER[/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]8[/td]
[td]lilita[/td]
[td]2014AF00019***[/td]
[td]9-Mar[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]9[/td]
[td]1danny[/td]
[td]2014AF00021***
[/td]
[td]24-Mar[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]10[/td]
[td]kusa[/td]
[td]2014AF00022***[/td]
[td]Current[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]11[/td]
[td]Dan14[/td]
[td]2014AF00022***[/td]
[td]Current[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]12[/td]
[td]aby111[/td]
[td]2014AF00023***
[/td]
[td]4-Mar[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]13[/td]
[td]tiwni[/td]
[td]2014AF00024***
[/td]
[td]Current[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]14[/td]
[td]getder[/td]
[td]2014AF00025***
[/td]
[td]Esti. April[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]15[/td]
[td]binafana[/td]
[td]2014AF00029***
[/td]
[td]Esti.April[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]16[/td]
[td]Ormania[/td]
[td]2014AF00031***
[/td]
[td]Esti. May[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]17[/td]
[td]Tew[/td]
[td]2014AF00031***
[/td]
[td]Esti. May[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]18[/td]
[td]mercy8924[/td]
[td]2014AF00031***
[/td]
[td]Esti. May[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]19[/td]
[td]relose29[/td]
[td]2014AF00033***
[/td]
[td]Est. May[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]20[/td]
[td]Hinicho[/td]
[td]2014AF00038***[/td]
[td]Esti. June[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]21[/td]
[td]ofegi (Rep. of Mr. X)[/td]
[td]2014AF00042***[/td]
[td]Esti. August[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]22[/td]
[td]sunnyb[/td]
[td]2014AF00051***[/td]
[td]Esti. September[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]23[/td]
[td]Engmtolera[/td]
[td]2014AF00082***[/td]
[td]Esti. September[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]24[/td]
[td]dagm[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, my internet friends. Thanks God. I had an interview on Tuesday. My health result is ok. In addition my health result finished on Monday. After that, I went to an interview.
If JESUS is with me who can against me. I already finished my interview and they grant me visa. I am so happy. The officer told me u can collect ur visa after a week.
The questions are so simple and easy. Amazingly, the officer ask me three questions.
What r u doing now?
Where did u finished ur degree?
Did u marry? Do u have child? To tell u the truth he never wait my replay for the question. Before these question he ask me to swarw by raise hand and to tell all are true. Then he give me Ds 230 for to sign. I that moment I realize my visa is already granted.
After the questions finished he told me . I thank him and collect my all orignal doument. Then leave the embassy. At last I would like to thank you all members in this forum. Thank u very much my internet famil. I will stay in this foum until all members got their visa.
Thank you Jesus.. .. . ... . . . ..
I think today I start a long journy.

congratulations dear piuygiu am happy for u tanxs to Almighty God!!!

UPDATED INTERVIEW STATUS, WITH FEBRUARY INTERVIEW SCHEDULE (ETHIOPIA)

[tr]
[td]S/N[/td]
[td]NAME[/td]
[td]CASE NUMBER[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]1[/td]
[td]piuygiu
[/td]
[td]2014AF0005***
[/td]
[td]VISA GRANTED[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2[/td]
[td]kid123[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]VISA GRANTED[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]3[/td]
[td]natna[/td]
[td]2014AF0006***[/td]
[td]VISA GRANTED[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]4[/td]
[td]lehw[/td]
[td]2014AF00010***
[/td]
[td]Feb. 19[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]5[/td]
[td]gett[/td]
[td]2014AF00012***
[/td]
[td]2nd NL RCVD, No. Info[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]6[/td]
[td]sadat13[/td]
[td]2014AF00015***
[/td]
[td]Feb. 5[/td]
[/tr]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STATUS FROM MARCH-SEPTEMEBR

[tr]
[td]S/N[/td]
[td]NAME[/td]
[td]CASE NUMBER[/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]7[/td]
[td]ison2013[/td]
[td]2014AF00017***[/td]
[td]Current[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]8[/td]
[td]lilita[/td]
[td]2014AF00019***[/td]
[td]9-Mar[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]9[/td]
[td]1danny[/td]
[td]2014AF00021***
[/td]
[td]24-Mar[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]10[/td]
[td]kusa[/td]
[td]2014AF00022***[/td]
[td]Current[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]11[/td]
[td]Dan14[/td]
[td]2014AF00022***[/td]
[td]Current[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]12[/td]
[td]aby111[/td]
[td]2014AF00023***
[/td]
[td]4-Mar[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]13[/td]
[td]tiwni[/td]
[td]2014AF00024***
[/td]
[td]Current[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]14[/td]
[td]getder[/td]
[td]2014AF00025***
[/td]
[td]Esti. April[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]15[/td]
[td]binafana[/td]
[td]2014AF00029***
[/td]
[td]Esti.April[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]16[/td]
[td]Ormania[/td]
[td]2014AF00031***
[/td]
[td]Esti. May[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]17[/td]
[td]Tew[/td]
[td]2014AF00031***
[/td]
[td]Esti. May[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]18[/td]
[td]mercy8924[/td]
[td]2014AF00031***
[/td]
[td]Esti. May[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]19[/td]
[td]relose29[/td]
[td]2014AF00033***
[/td]
[td]Est. May[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]20[/td]
[td]Hinicho[/td]
[td]2014AF00038***[/td]
[td]Esti. June[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]21[/td]
[td]ofegi (Rep. of Mr. X)[/td]
[td]2014AF00042***[/td]
[td]Esti. August[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]22[/td]
[td]sunnyb[/td]
[td]2014AF00051***[/td]
[td]Esti. September[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]23[/td]
[td]Engmtolera[/td]
[td]2014AF00082***[/td]
[td]Esti. September[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]24[/td]
[td]dagm[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]

THANK YOU Ormania. I WISH ALL THOSE LIST IN FEBUARY A GOOD SUCCESS !!!

Congrats piuygiu! I know you feel relieved!

Good luck Ison2013!! Make sure you report back here after your big day :)

@Ormania : My interview is early next week.

"Early Next week" is not specific enough but i already updated it as Monday/Tuesday.

I really wish you an easy and successful interview! Go get your visa brother!

And don't forget to to come back and rejoice with us.

CHEERS!

Hi guys,

I got a list of the documents needed by the embassy. My sister went in for a visa a couple of days ago (non-immigrant) and she asked for the requirements, and they gave her a piece of paper with all the documents required listed in the order they should be presented to the officer on interview day.

1. Passport with copy
2. Birth certificate with copy
3. Two photos with full name written on the back
4. Congratulations and appointment letters (1NL and 2NL)
5. Marriage certificate with copy (if applicable)
6. Divorce decree or death certificate with copy (if applicable)
7. Police clearance from Ethiopia (if applicable)
8. Police clearance from other countries (if applicable)
9. School documents with copy (DV-Winner only)
- ESLCE or 10 plus three or more, and other qualifications
- Transcript with copy
10. Work experience with copy (if applicable)

I copied everything exactly as it appears on the paper. Notice it doesn't say anything about sponsorships, however the Ethiopian officer there verbally said that a sponsor document should be there since 'that's the only way they have of determining financing ability' (her words). However, none of the people that were interviewed were asked about sponsorship forms or anything.

So basically, if you can find a sponsor, it's best to get the documents, even though the chances of being asked for proof are low. Better safe than sorry, basically.

Hi guys,

Just for your information the interview outcomes at Addis Ababa U.S. Embassy as of 02/02/2014 looks like the following.

[tr]
[td]S/N[/td]
[td]POST[/td]
[td]TOTAL[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]1[/td]
[td]ADDIS ABABA[/td]
[td]ISSUED[/td]
[td]509[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2[/td]
[td]ADDIS ABABA[/td]
[td]READY[/td]
[td]690[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]3[/td]
[td]ADDIS ABABA[/td]
[td]AP[/td]
[td]79[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]4[/td]
[td]ADDIS ABABA[/td]
[td]REFUSED [/td]
[td]76[/td]
[/tr]

The above stat was from the interviewed 1,354 winners. I don't know if the 79 refusal is a good rate or not compared to the total processed. Enlighten us if you have any idea about it.

SOURCE: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Agk_blwxh4svdFpBMHFwZVRVdjJmV1FNMkg5OFFUMWc#gid=0

I don't think all 1,354 were interviewed (the ones under 'ready' have not yet faced the CO). So it's more like 664 interviewed, out of which 509 were issued visas. This would mean an 11.5% outright refusal rate, and 76.7% success rate. That's my understanding at least. It sounds like a pretty good outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.