All EB categories are "Current" now

I suspect this delays 485 applications.

I suspect this delays 485 applications. I am EB1 approved. What do you guys think?

I don't think it will delay your I-485. Since all EB categories are current, USCIS will just go by 485 receipt date. But, yes, if there are people whose I-485 was filed in 2003 or something and were waiting for visa numbers, their's will be processed earlier than yours. But, I doubt there will be many like that.

This will just open a floodgate now but if you can file your 485 before that, you should be fine.

I suspect this delays 485 applications. I am EB1 approved. What do you guys think?

Guys,
Did you read the last section of that bulletin:

EMPLOYMENT-BASED VISA AVAILABILITY DURING THE COMING MONTHS

All Employment Preference categories except for Third “Other Workers” have been made “Current” for July. This has been done in an effort to generate increased demand by Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) for adjustment of status cases, and to maximize number use under the annual numerical limit. However, all readers should be alert to the possibility that not all Employment preferences will remain Current for the remainder of the fiscal year. Should the rate of demand for numbers be very heavy in the coming months, it could become necessary to retrogress some cut-off dates for September, most likely for China-mainland born and India, but also possibly for Mexico and Philippines. Severe cut-off date retrogressions are likely to occur early in FY-2008.

I am all excited. So, I guess I can apply now. My priority date for approved I-140 is March 2006.

I just E-filed I-140 and will send all supporting documents soon. Does it mean that I can file I-485 now?

Suggestion please

I have approved I140 (EB2) (PD Jan 2006). I recently applied I140 in EB1 category. Can I apply I485 etc based on EB2 approval or can I wait for I140 EB1 decision.
Thank you

gelaya, go ahead and take advantage of this and apply I485 for your EB2 particularly if you did not use any premium processing for your EB1 petition.

can I file two I-485 at the same time

gelaya, go ahead and take advantage of this and apply I485 for your EB2 particularly if you did not use any premium processing for your EB1 petition.
Hi all, I tried to find the answer on the forum but didnot get it. I will be filing my EB1(EA category) I-140 in next couple of days and will be doing concurent filing of I-485. Now, as EB2 category is also current for India, I am thinking of filind second I-140 in EB2-NIW category in next month after some modification. My question is that :
If my EB1-EA I-140 get denied, it will invalidate my I-485 (and EAD, when I get one,) to that too. Therfore to be on safe side, can I also file another I-485 linked to EB2-NIW I-140.
I know that two I-140 can be filed at one time, but not sure about two I-485. I have seen people relinking their I-485 to thei current PENDING i-140 if other I-140 got denied buthave heard of long waiting time and uncertainly too. As EB2-NIW category will remain 'current' only for limited time, I am thinking of above option. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and good luck to all!