All 2001 fillers

Well what that means is

Kay2 said:
Thank you for all messages.

My FBI name check was cleared in October 2001. My file has been with Adjun. officer for last two years. They were waiting for my name check to be cleared. After FBI sent me an email indicating the clearance, I asked the Ombudsman and congressman and senator to contact Vermont and they did. My congressman said I will hear something in one month. An it did happen. Therefore the key issue for me was name check. I asked ombudsman to contact FBI and talk to Mr. David hardy. Her pressure on FBI expedited my name check, otherwise after 18 months, I did not expect anything to happen. I suggest all of you to contact the Ombudsman and ask her to contact FBI directly. You should keep calling and sending fax to FBI too. Good luck to all of you. Sumunta, Khan Bacha, LoveSing, and other2001 filler, no case was worse than me, so you should be hopeful that you could hear something soon. I wissh you all the best and hope you should hear something before holidays.

The real issue is, we have no way of knowing if Name Check was initiated,
if response was received or anything for that matter. My congressman tells me my file is with Adjudicating Officer. That probably means nothing unless
we know whether Name Check is initiated/done. And this FBI e-mail seems
to be another bogus thing. Its 2 months since my first e-mail and around 6
weeks since my 2nd. No response.

Sumantha
I got the same response from congress man that USCIS opened my file on december 2.Yes i know since my LUD also changed on the same day.

I got it approved finally on 12/14.

All the best and your appoval is in the corner.

What about Name Check etc...

Joy,
Still, is there any indicator to know that my FBI Name Check is done ?
Or even initiated at all ?

Also did you get any snail-mail in your residence in response to Congressman's
query ? I called up USCIS Cust Service..they tell me a response is on the
way :) I didn't even query..it was Congressman's query..God knows what's
going on.

My receipt date was Sept 2001. Keep sending fax to FBI and ask Ombudsman to contact them. Do not give up hope. Good luck to all of 2001 fillers.

What Fax and what Ombudsman

Kay,
Do you mean the Expedite Fax ? I have heard that people get their
expedite requests rejected if they can't prove that even a 5 year delay
in I-485 adjudication is causing them to get afflicted with the HIV virus ?

Also that beyond a certain # of such Expedite Requests they are asked
to stop faxing at all ?

Also what's the Ombudsman's e-mail/snail-mail address ? can you post ?
And really, how effective is he ?

My expedite request was denied twice to INS. i am talking about sending fax to FBI. Also I maentioned how to contact Ombudsman in my earlier post here. There is no email address. You ahve to mail your request. They answered me after two weeks and said thaey will contact FBI and INS. I think they did, otherwise I am still pending FBI name check.