Alien Registration Number different on approved I-140 and 485 receipt

emerald1

Registered Users (C)
My I 140 approval notice had an alien number . My 485 receipt has a different alien number. Is it common ?

My A numbers are the same for 140 and 485. Talk to your lawyer abt this to see if your scenario is common.

I didnt see any A no in I-140

Hi,

I didn't see any Alien no in I-140 approval notice. I have Alien -no in 485,ead and advance parole and all are same. Where can I find Alien no in I-140 approval notice. My I-140 is for EB2. Will all I-140 has Alien-no of only special category.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
My I 140 approval notice had an alien number . My 485 receipt has a different alien number. Is it common ?

you need to deal with USCIS. It is a messy stuff. see my thread for further details. I have gone through this beginning of this year.

you need to deal with USCIS. It is a messy stuff. see my thread for further details. I have gone through this beginning of this year.

I searched all the post by you. Could not find your thread. Can you please post how you dealt with this issue ?

did you go through PP in your 140 process. from which service center you were approved?

Yes my I 140 was PP. I140 approved at TX. 485 is now at NSC. Any ideas how to correct this ?

Actually I just realized that I have three different A#'s( OPT, 140, 485). what a mess :-(.

Last edited by a moderator:
same issue - can you please tell me how to follow up

The A# receipt numbers for my 485, EAD and AP application on Nov 17 2006 are consistent.

However, my I-140 approval came with a different A# on Nov 29 2006. (for various reasons we had a non-concurrent 2nd stage filing in early Oct 2006 followed by the 3rd stage filing in early Nov 2006)

Subsequently, when my EAD and AP was approved in Dec 2006, it had the same A# as my I-140.

I filed the EAD and AP renewal recently and the AP approval came through but the EAD renewal was rejected due to a supposed A# mismatch.

I am not sure how this is going to impact the original 485 filing. I still have my H1-B, so we have time to sort out the EAD renewal.

Any tips will be highly appreciated.

OP my A# is also different like yours. How did you proceed? Unlike my friends unfortunately mine went to NSC instead of TSC. All the process were too slow because of NSC.

My I-140 A# and I-485 A# are also different. I asked my lawyer and they say you have to consider your actual A# which is on your I-485 receipt. If that i485-A# does't match on your EAD or AP than its concern. other wise its all cool.