Alien Number - Urgent

munu

Registered Users (C)
Recently I got a finger printing notice from local office and I did my finger printing yesterday.
This morning I realised that A# on my finger print notice is different from my I-485 A#.

Are there number supposed to be same or different. Please suggest.

They should be the same

I had the same problem.

When I went for my FP I wrote the A# from my I485 receipt on the form (as this had been used for my EAD / H1 etc). The FP center luckily just read out the number from my form and not from the FP notice and everything went OK.

Please confirm with your lawyer or other senior members on this site before doing so.

A number does not change

Check with your files and use the A number that you have had previously. Mention it when you go to do FP.

As far as I remember there is a FP number on the FP notice, which is different from your A#. I am not sure if the A# was on my FP notice at all.

If you did your FP yesterday, you can call FBI today and ask them if they processed your fingerprints. Tell them your I-485 A# and see what they are going to say. If they tell you that they processed your FP testerday you are all set.

If they can not find you with your I-485 A#, tell them the # from the FP notice and see if they are going to find a record. If this is the case you might need to go to the local office and try to get the your FP result matched to your file.

You can also wait and see if your online message is going to change to FP received.

I have a history of A# issues with my case

OK, folks. Even explaining it will be very confusing to many. I had an alien number in my I-140. Then, when I filed my I-485, I-765, I-131, I got a different A # than what was in I-140. I didn't pay attention then. However, even in the new A# in the 485,765,131, there was a typo in my A# in 485. So, when my FPs came, I gave the right A# which I thought was in my 765 and 131. And subsequently my company had to file a I-140 Amendment and now comes in this I-140 my NEW A#. So, now I have two I-140s with two different A#s.

Last edited by a moderator: