Alexandria, VA Court - Oath Ceremony Timeline

nanab

Those of you who requested name change ... etc and have to take your oath ceremony at the Alexandria, VA court, how long was your wait between interview date and oath ceremony date?
My interview date was February 21st 2012 and still waiting for oath letter.
Input from users will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Hi I've had an interview at fairfax DO on march 13/2012 and was handed form n652 with decision can't be made . I've also requested a name change and they told me that my oath ceremony will be at ALEXANDRIA court , but so far my case has not been approved yet as i'm still waiting on decision . Last time i went to my infopass appointment to request about my status i also asked them about the wait time for Alexandria court oath once i get approved and the io told me that there is a huge backlog at Alexandria court and that it may take up to six months for the oath ceremony after once i get approved and i was shocked to hear that . I've made an infopass appointment for June 8 and i'm planing on to ask them to cancel the name change thing , i don't know if they will allow me to do so but i'll try as i don't want to wait again many months for the oath ceremony because i'm already exhausted with this process . Let me ask you this , when u have had your interview what was the outcome of the interview ? in other words on n652 form which box was marked?

Thanks for your input, kurdsin1. For my interview, I got "Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval..." I've been waiting for over 3 months now with no end in sight. I also learned there's a backlog for Alexandria Oath ceremony but didn't know how bad it was. From the court's website it looks like they only have the oath ceremony once a month (third Thursday of every month). I will be making an infopass appointment and ask if I can withdraw the name change as I don't want to wait another 2-3 months.

Thanks for your input, kurdsin1. For my interview, I got "Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval..." I've been waiting for over 3 months now with no end in sight. I also learned there's a backlog for Alexandria Oath ceremony but didn't know how bad it was. From the court's website it looks like they only have the oath ceremony once a month (third Thursday of every month). I will be making an infopass appointment and ask if I can withdraw the name change as I don't want to wait another 2-3 months.

Hi Gingerale i do feel your pain for sure , by the way when i was asking them about the Alexandria court at my infopass last time the IO also told me that they are working on that issue and trying to resolve it by having two ceremonies at court instead of one every month so hopefully that will work for you , about withdrawing your case ,that may be a problem now ,since you have been already placed for an oath ceremony ,again that is just my guess you still may be able to do so . In my case my n400 is still pending for a decision that is why i will try to withdraw my name change and hopefully they will allow me to do that although i doubt it. Hey at list you are approved and are already waiting for an oath unlike me i'm still waiting for decision and stressing out too much over this thing , so you just keep your head up it will be done soon and you will receive it soon , GOOD LUCK !!!

Hi Gingerale i do feel your pain for sure , by the way when i was asking them about the Alexandria court at my infopass last time the IO also told me that they are working on that issue and trying to resolve it by having two ceremonies at court instead of one every month so hopefully that will work for you , about withdrawing your case ,that may be a problem now ,since you have been already placed for an oath ceremony ,again that is just my guess you still may be able to do so . In my case my n400 is still pending for a decision that is why i will try to withdraw my name change and hopefully they will allow me to do that although i doubt it. Hey at list you are approved and are already waiting for an oath unlike me i'm still waiting for decision and stressing out too much over this thing , so you just keep your head up it will be done soon and you will receive it soon , GOOD LUCK !!!

kurdsin1, thanks for your optimism, I really need that right now :). I haven't been scheduled for the oath ceremony yet - just placed in the queue. I've made infopass appointment so will definitely ask about the withdrawal option, if it will be quicker.
I wish you all the best and hope you get an approval soon.

My wife in the same boat

kurdsin1, thanks for your optimism, I really need that right now :). I haven't been scheduled for the oath ceremony yet - just placed in the queue. I've made infopass appointment so will definitely ask about the withdrawal option, if it will be quicker.
I wish you all the best and hope you get an approval soon.

Interview on Feb 13th, On April 1st week got a text message saying placed in queu for oath, but no date. May 20th had an infopass appt, which was useless. Sent letters to senators, Pres. Obama, DHS Sec.Napotalino, House of Rep and today got a text message saying they have sent a letter. Not sure what the date is yet, we might receive the letter in a day or two. If you have not sent letters to the senators etc., do so ASAP.

are you able to withdraw the "name change request" at fairfax office?

Those of you who requested name change ... etc and have to take your oath ceremony at the Alexandria, VA court, how long was your wait between interview date and oath ceremony date?
My interview date was February 21st 2012 and still waiting for oath letter.
Input from users will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Hi, i am in the same boat that i have passed citizenship interview on 4/25. it has been over 3 months now. i made info pass back in June was told the case is waiting for Alexandria court still for the name change part.
i am wondering how long will it takes? Have you get your oath ceremony yet? did you successfully withdraw the name change request or you have received the notification from alexsandia court by now?

really appreciate your help..

Thank you!

I do have an interview soon and i live in alex va but no name change. Will they send me to alex court ?