Alexandria Office for FP - office questions

NovasTaylor

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,

My wife and I go for our FP appointment in Alexandria at 8am on 29 August. Should we be there much in advance of the appointment? Will there a be line up or does everyone get a specific appointment time? We plan to get there 20-30 minutes early, depending on traffic.

I am also wondering about the availability of parking. The description on the USCIS "office locator" web site states "Parking : No information available." Is there parking nearby?

Thanks in advance. I will post my experience after the appointment!

NovasTaylor

Hello everyone,

My wife and I go for our FP appointment in Alexandria at 8am on 29 August. Should we be there much in advance of the appointment? Will there a be line up or does everyone get a specific appointment time? We plan to get there 20-30 minutes early, depending on traffic.

I am also wondering about the availability of parking. The description on the USCIS "office locator" web site states "Parking : No information available." Is there parking nearby?

Thanks in advance. I will post my experience after the appointment!

NovasTaylor

Dont think too much about this appointment. Go there 5 minutes before and that should be ok. Parking is not a problem. no big line before you. You should be done 15-30 minutes. Very friendly process.

Al

Dont think too much about this appointment. Go there 5 minutes before and that should be ok. Parking is not a problem. no big line before you. You should be done 15-30 minutes. Very friendly process.

Al

Thanks Al! Good to know that this will be easy. The hardest part will be the traffic in the morning! :)

Thanks Al! Good to know that this will be easy. The hardest part will be the traffic in the morning! :)

You can give your FP until 60 days after expiry date in case if you miss them.

There is large parking lot available.... You must bring the following docs:

FP notice
Passport (Must)
State or Federal ID

and one last thing is, your fingers shouldn't have any injuriess....

Al

I agree with the parking (plenty) and friendly staff..but had a different experience as per the wait time: we (me and spouse) had to wait for 2 hours before our turn came..and then it took 30 minutes to get our prints...

We had our FP appointment today!

We left extra early just in case the traffic was bad. It was not, and we arrived long before our 8am appointment time. Mapquest directions were perfect, but we did not see a street number on the building, so we went past it and circled back. There was a sign out front "IMP" and a huge 'For Lease" sign that threw us off, but when we circled the building we saw "Application Support Center" over the door. To our surprise, people started to line up around 7:20am. We didn't join the line until 7:40, at which time there were around 30 people in front of us. Door opened shortly after 8am and we were all done by 8:25. It was a very efficient process. Note to those of you with a future appointment: you must leave your cell phones at the desk or in your vehicle.

One more step in the journey...

NovasTaylor