Alein Numbers assigned ( Two ) for Individual 485

nsinghal

Registered Users (C)
I filed for my - 485 in March 99, my PD is Aug 08 97, Fingerprinting was done in Feb 2000.

Talked to IIO around 11:15 AM ( Nov 3). She informed me that the reason case is pending is that I have two Alien numbers assigned to the same file. INS needs to reason or figure out which one to assign. Anyone been through this or heard about the same > If yes, can you kindly share what to do

Thanks

No Title

Yes, that\'s what happened to me during my Baltimore interview and couldn\'t get my passport stamped due to 2 A #s. The IIO wanted to find out more about the first A# used. Its been more than two months and don\'t have any reply.

Lesson learned: If you have two applications, make sure you withdraw one at the time of I485 filing.

Enn Jay

No Title

Hi enn jay
Can\'t you withdraw the first A# at the time of interview so the IIO doesn\'t need to dig further?

wfegtj

No Title

No, I couldn\'t.

According to him, he just wanted to compare the two appilcations and confirm this is not contradictory information in them. First appication was filed 9 yrs before the second one and I didn\'t remember the details. According to my lawyer, INS is doing microscopin examination on all LULAC cases.

Enn Jay