Airport Transit Visa Question?

nanas

Registered Users (C)
Has anybody recently traveled thru Air-India from Newark to Mumbai via Paris with AP?

Thanks
nanas

Me too a newbie on using AP!!
Me and my wife have approved AP's, but noticed that there are 3 of them! (I was about to say copies). Could anyone share their experience of why we 3 of them!?
Iam planning to goto India, and should I worry about travelling via london etc.(places which need transit visa) or avoid and try the non-transit-visa needed route!.. Thanks.

RD: Dec 2002/ND: Jan 2003
FP1: Mar 13 2003
FP2: Aug 04 2004
LUD: Aug 09 2004
AP2: Jun 2004
EAD2: May 2004

nanas said:
Has anybody recently traveled thru Air-India from Newark to Mumbai via Paris with AP?

Thanks
nanas

Hello

same question for me too as my travel agent says no visa required if going via Paris.

Any suggestions r appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Someome

Air-India and Travel Agent both say - no Visa required for Travel thru Paris.

So I am not geting a Airport Transit Visa, but would really help if someone who has traveled recently with AP would share his experience.

Thanks
nanas

Kalki007:

Normally you get 3 copies, keep all 3 while you travel. Sometimes Immigration in India keeps one copy. You can make copies of AP and give copies instead of Original.

Guys,

I have flown through Paris many times on AP (not on AI though), NO VISA REQUIRED

I travelled recently to India via London and went thru the same situation.

I called Air India to find out if air transit visa is required and gor mixed answer. Some people said not required some said required. One person explained that since you don't have to come out of plane in Paris , you don't need. But if some situation arises where they ask you to come out of plane in Paris , there could be a problem.

I had Canadian PR. I called French embassy and told them about my Canadian PR and Advance Parole document. I was told that I don't need transit visa. In fact lady confirmed with somebody and called me back in the evening just to tell me this. I am not sure whether I was exempted because of Canadian PR card or advance parole.

I called British Embassy and told them about my Canadian PR card and I was told that transit visa is not required in that case. So finally I travelled by British Airways and returned back without problems. I had to show my Canadian PR card at check-in.

Guys, I am not sure if I made any sense or am of any help but did go thru the pain / confusion you guys are going.

My suggestion, call the embassy and ask as its them who make rules.

Don't worry about 3 copies, carry all of them. I was coming from canada on AP and immigration officer kept 2 and returned me 3rd. I used 3rd to travel to India recently.

I travelled in JAN , Newark-Paris-Mumbai on AP. and H-1 expired. No transit visa ..search for my user name to know about my experience

Multiple Parole copies for kalki007

You received 3 because eaxch Parole is valid for 1 entry only, The Parole is stamped at entry to the USA and then it is lo longer valid, you use the second one, etc.