Airport Transit visa for France with Advanced Parole

gn123

Registered Users (C)
Does anybody know if we need an airport transit visa for France if traveling thru Air france to India with an Advanced Parole and no Visa stamp in passport

Re..

If you dont have visa stamp in passport, you would need a transit visa for almost any European country these days. Check with the consulate.

We went through the same confusion. We went to german consulate and they said "Transit Visa not necessary for a Advance parole". Basically Transit Visa is not necesary if you have a US VISA stamped in your passport - but in case of advance parole - the person at connsular office said that you will not require a transit visa , as advance parole has your photo and a clear indication about your visit to US.

But if you have unstamped H1-B, you must have a transit visa. This is for germany, France also should me similar anyway call the consulate and ask them - if they answer properly:)

Travelling On Adv Parole

I am also in the same situation. Wife & I have EAD, Adv Parole but no H1 stamp. Planning to visit india through frankfurt. As per your experience it looks like we will not need transit visa,
Anybody has different experience ???

i got french transit visa

As my passport didnt have the h4 stamp. Fairly quick process. Go to French counsulate website to find out if you need a transit visa.

FebGCwaiter

FebGCWaiter or anyone,

I am on H1 and have applied for AOS.

My wife is planning to travel on AP. When she returns her status will become "Parolee" from H4.

I am working on H1. I am not travelling. When she returns, will my status also become "parolee" and do I need EAD to work from then on?

thanks,

I am on H1 and have applied for AOS.

My wife is planning to travel on AP. When she returns her status will become "Parolee" from H4.
--- No , if you are still working on H1B she can enter on H4 if she has H4 valid Visa in passport,

I am working on H1. I am not travelling. When she returns, will my status also become "parolee" and do I need EAD to work from then on?
---- Applying and having EAD will NOT invalidate your H1B status but if you use EAD for work and fill up I-9 form with the employer and start working on EAD then you are not on H1b status and should use AP to enter US, when your wife returns on H4 (if you are still working on H1B and not using EAD) she will be admited on H4 status and not" Parolee" nothing will happen to your H1b status if you are not using EAD

having AP, EAD is diffrent and using is diffrent

If your wife in future used EAD for work then she has to use AP to enter US but if she has EAD and not working then she is on H4 status till the time you maintain your H1b status or work on H1b
thanks,

Why would somebody need a transit visa, incase u r not travelling to that country.

So, if my final destination is India and since airline stops in London/Frankfurt because of some logistic issue, passengers should carry a visa.

Anybody know, what happens if u don't have a transit visa. Will they not allow u to board the plane in US or not allow u get off the plane in UK/Germany.

inders99

Thanks inders99. Even though my wife has H4 approval till End 2004, she has not got the H4 stamped on the passport - and we are not planning to do so. Instead we are getting an AP for travel purposes.She is the dependent applicant (I am primary)

So she will HAVE to enter back on AP.

Once this happens does this make my H1B null and void or does my status remain unchanged?

Hope you are having a great weekend!