Airport transit visa for citizens of Guinea, India, Sudan, Syria

UnitedForFreedom

Registered Users (C)
FYI......
We also want to share a very important information especially useful for those who are planning to travel to/from India or from any other country. This applies to all Visas except Green Cards and U S Citizens. If your flight has a stop-over at any of the European Union countries, like France, Sweden, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Netherlands etc. then you need to obtain an AIRPORT TRANSIT VISA from the consulate of the country where you have a flight stopover. Example: you have booked tickets from US to India via France. (one way or round trip) and your flight has stopover of around 2 hrs...you don\'t plan to visit any city in France , but just have to change terminal. Please note that even if you don\'t plan to visit the stop! over country for even less than a day or so, you still need that visa of France.
This new rule came into effect just now.. If you don\'t obtain such
airport-transit visa, you will not be allowed to board the flight. Please visit the web site of the consulate of the country, your flight would have a stopover. For example:

Switzerland

Switzerland is not a member of the EU. However, it does require an airport transit visa for holders of certain national passports.

Are you saying this on official capacity for some organization.. Otherwise, whom are you quoting? Wh

Please be more specific

I know it was true for France and Germany but......is it for all the countries you specified or...just France.

"United For Freedom", try not to use \'we\' when you can only speak for yourself, not for

Check with each countries consulate for more specific information

Hi Dharam, Check any specific countries consulate website if you are looking for specific information.

VP_VSC: thanks for the lead on Germany. It seems Indians with tourist visas to US will not need tran

My parents will be transiting Frankfurt beginning of May. I hope the rules don\'t change at the last moment before they fly out.

I will confirm with the consulate and give more info in a short while.

Even My Mom is coming from India this coming Monday. I am trying to reach consulate to get the correct info from them instead of getting the indivdual idea.
I am not against any one but all I am trying to tell is all of us are in same boat and no one has correct info so I thought I will call them and get the info and post it here so that it will be helpfull.

Why are you arguing about semantics, esbee?

This info was posted here so that people are not inconvineienced after buying a ticket. As an Indian I find it highly offensive that a transit visa is needed to pass tro an airport. If a person does not have a valid visa then the airlines themselves do not allow people to board in India. That an indian passport holder whose visa stamp has expired but has a valid I-94 extending his status, needs a visa to pass tro germany on the way to India is ridiculous. I will not travel in tese airlines even after getting a green card. Hope my fellow countrymen do the same. These airlines make a lot of money from Indians thanks to the gross inefficiency of Air India. Every flight I have benn on is full.

Confirmed with Germany Consulate - no need of transit VISA.

I just called Germany Consulate and confirmed with them that as long as we have a Valid VISA we do not need a transit VISA. If you would like to confirm the news you can call the person in charge at 617-536-4414 Ext-107.

There is no need to worry about Transit VISA in Germany. He told me it applies to all kinds of VISA as long as we have a valid visa does not matter which type of VISA, we do not need a transit VISA.

Super1986, this is serious, not a semantics issue ... read below

\'United for Freedom\' authoritatively posted wrong information and used officialese to give authenticity to it. Eg. for Germany, Indians with tourist visas do not need transit visas if they are transiting Frankfurt to visit USA. This person could have said he was hearing rumours etc etc or posted a similar disclaimer -this way it would not start a panic response.
 Its not worth my time going through the visa info on each country he\'s mentioned. One such eg is sufficient for me to question the credibility of his posting.

vp-vsc - thanks for the phone info and the URL on Germany. Its unfortunate some folks here caused un

read this: http://www.immigrationportal.com/WebX?14@66.IQkNadKA9xf^71091@.efe2360/2

Hi Read the following forum link... even Different Germane consulates are giving diffrent answers/information....

NYGC "Transit Visa" 4/17/02 11:12am

United, the thread your refer to has contradicting information. You are continuing to propagate conj

learn how to appreciate the true information you got --- Don\'t bother to reply me back...

Hi whoever u r, I am not trying to prove anything to you. And I don\'t want to spread rumors also. But I shared information I got from somebody. Even, You could not appreciate the true information you got on France with link. Everybody needs to check about specific countries. You can get contradiction information from different officers in the same organization/consulate (Example Germany), so, how come you can blame me that I am spreading rumors. You took it so personally and created panic for yourself. If you cannot understand, just stop here and don’t bother to reply back.

Your information on France was not news - it had been mentioned on this very site and folder (also t

As of now there is no contradictory information on Germany, except from folks like you who are out to create controversy. It has been verified and those flying Luftansa can testify to that. The rules on German transit visas are extremely clear, uncontroversial, authoritative and as verifiable as your URL on France - nothing contradictory.