• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

airport experience at port of entry

kirwana

Registered Users (C)
hey ,,can anyone assist me with what is required at the point of entry for DV winners,am told there are two ways one for non-immigrates and immigrates,now which category is used for the DV winners?
and what documents are required at this port?
am gratefull to you guys.
c ya

hey ,,can anyone assist me with what is required at the point of entry for DV winners,am told there are two ways one for non-immigrates and immigrates,now which category is used for the DV winners?
and what documents are required at this port?
am gratefull to you guys.
c ya
The lines are "residents" and "visitors". You have to go through the visitors' lane when you enter the US with the immigrant visa. Some airports have a third lane for "new immigrants", there you of course take this lane.

The lines are "residents" and "visitors". You have to go through the visitors' lane when you enter the US with the immigrant visa. Some airports have a third lane for "new immigrants", there you of course take this lane.

I was told to go to the U.S Citizen/Resident line in O'Hare airport when I entered the first time.

I went through JFK.
Went into the 'residents' line (queue was about a quarter than that of the 'visitors' line).
The guy told me that I should have been in the other line, but seeing as I was irish he'd let me through!