Air India flight from EWR on AP

hbresume

Registered Users (C)
I am taking the AIr India flight from EWR(Newark) thru Paris to Mumbai on AP. DO I need transit visa for France.
I understand they dont let passengers get off the plane when in Paris. They refule and only let passengers who fly to Paris get off.Anyone has taken the flight and has some experiences which can avoid me any hassle, Please advice.

paris - transit visa

I do not think so, My wife took airindia from newark to hyderebad via paris , mumbai this aug. she did not take transit visa and on Advance Parole.

BA did not check AP while leaving

Hi Friends,
My wife and my son left for India for a month vacation on AP. While departing the airlines check in people did not check the AP at all nor did they ask anything about it.
I am very much concerned about whether they need to retain a copy of the AP or not?
Please advise.
shankar123

The AP is usually checked on your way back. It should be checked at the departing airport, at the transit airport if any, and most importantly at US airport. All airline will ask you for visa, CG, or some kind of re-entry permit to US, in this case it's AP. At US airport they will stamp the AP but do not keep it when you re-enter.
If a transit visa is required, the consulate of the transit contry will ask for the AP when you apply for the visa.

Yes. AP will be used while entering to US. I went to INDIA and came back from HYD to US from EWR via paris. No issues. Nothing to worry about transit visa is not required.

-thanks
VJ