Aila Update Yes!!!!

Great news

This is really great news. I wonder if I am gonna be one of the lucky ones or at least to shorten my waiting period!?!

ign82 said:
This is really great news. I wonder if I am gonna be one of the lucky ones or at least to shorten my waiting period!?!

I would assume the new law would curtail your waiting time by five years (from the expeted time established prior to the law)

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you

peradetlic said:
I think it's more like 61.000 will get their green cards in next THREE years.

My math skills are not that great; however, in their explaination (in the article's link above), they were a bit confusing. I think it boils down to this:

Normally (before Real Id) we were supposed to have 10000 asylees adjusting a year, so in 3 years that would be 30000 adjusted anyway, according to the old law. Then, they are supposed to adjust 31000 in the next 3 years because they didn't before and that is why they got sued. The settlement is going for that --->

30000+31000=61000 in the next 3 years. Right?

I am not sure if my explanation is any better, but I am actually trying to understand it myself.

The most intersting thing I read in the article is that they pointed out that, in the new law (Real Id), they don't have a specific number of how many asylees will get adjusted a year. Until they put their act together at USCIS, real changes could take forever to happen. The lawsuit/settlement will keep the ball rolling for the next three years or so. Hopefully. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
great news

This is really a great news: 61,000 GCs for the next three years are Guaranteed! But it does bring to the point that although the 10,000 cap now is gone, it's still up to the INS to decide how many GCs they will actually issue.

If we assume 61,000 GCs will be issued by the end of two fiscal years from now, who would be the people to benefit from this? people with ND of 2001,02,03? any ideas?