Agony may drag on for a while longer

angiodan

Registered Users (C)
As I mentioned in a previous thread, my wife and I were finally approved on 01/30/04, RD 6/01, ND 08/01.

Unfortunately, my daughter has not been approved. When we applied, she was only 12. She will be 15 next month. My attorney is not sure if she will need to be fingerprinted, told me to sit tight for a couple of weeks, and see if she gets approved before he looks into it more. I called NCSC, which was useless. They won't do anything since the official processing date is April. They also weren't sure if she needs to be fingerprinted.

Has anyone else on the board gone through this, where the child becomes 14 while waiting for adjucation? Did they have to get fingerprinted?

Thanks.

That really sucks.

But good news is that only impact on her is travel document. She is not working anyways.

I would apply for AP at the earliest for her.

angiodan, being one of the earlier applicants like me, I understand you're frustrated that the thing hasn't been locked tight yet.

But since you and the missus have made it, it's only a matter of time for your daughter. I'd keep the party going..

Chin up man! :D

Antsy, are you saying that when you went for fingerprints in June, your son was fingerprinted as well? Is this because you included the fingerprint fee when you first applied for AOS?

What we are planning to do when we go for stamping is bring my daughter and all her paperwork with us to Tampa. I'm hoping then that if she does need to be fingerprinted, she could have it done then.