Age out

If you are under the age of 21 and your parents had applied for your GC and you have not got your approval yet. You are called as an age out.
BCIS will expedite the processing for such cases if you will be 21 in the next few months.

With the speed at which TSC is working....I am sure, my kids (who are less than 5 yrs age) will reach the Age Out phase in 16 years....Oh my God!!! now I know...my case will definitely get approved in 16 years...and will not be posponed indefinitly as I thought earlier. Phew !! what a relief.:D

Vella: Now now don’t get too excited. It is your kid who will be eligible for age out, not you. So you still have to wait for approval. Perhaps your kid can sponsor his parents after he becomes a citizen.:) :D

There is a new law that deals with age out cases. This is what they call the "Child protection Law" This law simply grant children who reaches the age of 21 or over while the petition or Adjustment of status is pending or being adjudicated provided that the petition or adjustment of status was filed before the child turn 21.

Re: reply

Originally posted by tru
Vella: Now now don’t get too excited. It is your kid who will be eligible for age out, not you. So you still have to wait for approval. Perhaps your kid can sponsor his parents after he becomes a citizen.:) :D

The child as a derivative cannot by law get a GC unless the pimary applicant is also approved. "Age-out" cases apply to the primary, and all derivatives if any of the derivatives would pass the age of 21.

Under the CPSA, age-outs will probably become a thing of the past. Why improve BCIS efficiency when you can just apply band-aids?