after transfer

windseeker

Registered Users (C)
My case is transfered to local Philadelphia office today(7/21/04). I just sent my REF to them on 7/08/04 about employement letter and tax return. During the preparation of REF, I knew I have to leave current job and move to another one in Illinois (I work in a university and my advisor is moving, so I follow him). So in the REF, my attorney included this inforamtion(AC21). I though everything should be fine, but never expected that the case is transfered. I will move to Illinois on 8/12/04, but now the case is transfered to Philadelphia. What I can do for this?

It seems Chicago is the only local office in Illinois and it is also much slower than that in Philly. In this case, how can I keep the case in Philly without being transfered to Chicago again? I have to tell INS and Philly local for my changing address, right? Will this change cause the case being transfered again? Anyone has the experience, please share with me. I really appreciate your help.

windseeker said:
My case is transfered to local Philadelphia office today(7/21/04). I just sent my REF to them on 7/08/04 about employement letter and tax return. During the preparation of REF, I knew I have to leave current job and move to another one in Illinois (I work in a university and my advisor is moving, so I follow him). So in the REF, my attorney included this inforamtion(AC21). I though everything should be fine, but never expected that the case is transfered. I will move to Illinois on 8/12/04, but now the case is transfered to Philadelphia. What I can do for this?

It seems Chicago is the only local office in Illinois and it is also much slower than that in Philly. In this case, how can I keep the case in Philly without being transfered to Chicago again? I have to tell INS and Philly local for my changing address, right? Will this change cause the case being transfered again? Anyone has the experience, please share with me. I really appreciate your help.

I am assuming you are inquiring because you are waiting for an interview. There is really no mechanism that you, as an applicant, can use in a timely manner to control where your case goes at this point. I believe transfers from one local office to another are very rare, and I think they certainly take the ASC workload into consideration, so there is most likely nothing to worry about, as you have a very slim chance of getting transferred twice, unless the interview times in Chicago are much better than Philly.

Milko_Djurovski said:
I am assuming you are inquiring because you are waiting for an interview. There is really no mechanism that you, as an applicant, can use in a timely manner to control where your case goes at this point. I believe transfers from one local office to another are very rare, and I think they certainly take the ASC workload into consideration, so there is most likely nothing to worry about, as you have a very slim chance of getting transferred twice, unless the interview times in Chicago are much better than Philly.

Thank you, Milko. But how do you know the second transfer is rare? Even if I sent them new address in Illinois, they still will keep the case in Philly? Do you know anyone get interview in some local office far away from his/her home even in another state? I really really appreciate your info.

windseeker said:
Thank you, Milko. But how do you know the second transfer is rare? Even if I sent them new address in Illinois, they still will keep the case in Philly? Do you know anyone get interview in some local office far away from his/her home even in another state? I really really appreciate your info.

I am not disputing that, in the perfect scenario, your case would be transferred to the locality where you currently are. But, based on the questionable mechanism of the AR-11 address change and the timelines in general, it is probable that you might get an interview in Philly before the case actually gets looked at for a transfer to the locality.