After sent expedite request.

lovensing said:
Same here - I also received the I & II response same as your do - SAME WORDINGs.....

We have NO help at all from any sources...

GOOD LUCK MAN....

Lovensing

I heard about that IBIS check and I am not sure if our cases are stuck due to that check.

needhelp1 said:
khan and lovensing,
I have faxed second expedite request recently and I came to today that VSC has denied the request. My processing date is Dec 2002 and when I called them today about it they told me that the present official processing date should not be taken for all I485 cases and my application has all the necessary checks done and the rep told me that it is still in the racks and it has to be yet assigned to an officer and she asked me to contact again after 90 to 120 days.
So now all doors are closed for me as my congressman too is asking me to wait and my lawyer is telling me that since I have contacted the congressman, he is not very interested to follow up.

:mad: :mad:

Did you call them on 800#?

No. I called the VSC directly using the Hint given by Tellmewhy in the forum and the rep clearly told me that all checks with our cases are completed and the file is yet to be assigned to the officer for adjudication and she cannot tell when that is going to happen and she asked me to just sit and wait till I hear something soon and asked me to have some patience:mad:. and asked me to contact VSC if I don't hear anything within 120 days...............

I think rightnow the Priority for VSC is something else other than I485 and I am really not sure what they are working on now....... and we just have to wait....wait....wait.... till VSC gets simpathy on us and looks at our cases.
Khan_bacha said:
Did you call them on 800#?

Any idea why I might have received a letter saying that there are no visas when the current PD is Mar 2002 and mine is Feb 2002?

Dear Khan:

How r you ?

I don't know anything about IBIS check...do you?

I received another letter from expedite req. dept - saying the same thing....."you are eligible for expedite process - however bcos of pending security check....they can not do anything about it...but FBI emailed me about completion of the CHECK in Dec. 2002...anyway....I'm just sitting tight....

later

thx

Hello all,

My i -485 has been pending with VSC since Jan 2002(Don't confuse with user id) . it's more than three years. i didn't hear anythng from them. also my finger prints (1st one) expired long back (april 2002) till now i didn't receive any request for second finger print.i contacted local congress man and senators office but no luck. i also faxed expedited requests three times all the three times reply came back with we are waiting to hear from another office...blah..blah... or "your case if going through routine secuiry checks we have no control how long these checks will take..blah...blah...". my name check has been cleared from FBI. at this point my only concern is during the IBIS check if there is any hits then they would send an inquiry to agency responsible for feeding the data into IBIS system.this is purely my guess.but as far i know i can't think of any othe way of getting my case approved. in case if you guys have any similar thoughts lets joing together try to get our cases moving...please post your comments.

Just want to share some info about IBIS. Hope it will help you guys. I copied it from some earlier post on this forum so I do not claim the authorship. It sounds like IBIS takes ~5min to do and is done by USCIS employees:

"IBIS (done by USCIS themselves) - this check has validity of 35 days -
this check is against IBIS (maintained by USCPC - Customs and Border Patrol)
using applicant's full name and date of birth (without place or country of
birth). This check is done by USCIS staff on the computer terminals
connected to IBIS. A no hit is termed "IBIS OK" in BCIS' jargon. An "IBIS
DNR" (Does Not Relate) is when a match exists but does not relate to the
applicant, which is, in other worlds, a no hit as well. IBIS is exempt from
FOIPA requests, that is, a person cannot use FOIPA to find out if his/her
name is in IBIS."

Pd: 03-26-2003, EB1-OR
I-140
ND: 04-02-2003, AD: 12-15-2004
I-485
ND: 04-02-2003, AD: waiting

RDJAN2003,

Do you have a spouse and did his/her name check complete?
My case is Feb'02.
My husband's case was transferred to the local office after I filed an expedite request because it is still pending a security check, when primary's name check was completed in Dec'02.
My lawyer was very surprised when it happened and said something that I couldn't appreciate at that time - "it's good that it was transferred to the local office. At least we can file an inquiry locally, do an infopass appointment and talk to someone directly now". The lawyer also said that for an old case a transfer is a blessing because it moves a lot faster, there is a lot more visibility and ability to push it forward. She said she still has a case at VSC from 2000 that still isn't going anywhere after 15 inquiries, but everything that has been transferred has been already approved or waiting for an interview.
Do you think you can get your congressman call VSC and ask them to transfer your case to the local office? If you are in a low populated area you can get an anwer/approval in a couple of months. If you are in Chicago or NYC then probably it is worthless or may delay your case even more.
Just an idea....

Khan and Lovensing,

Did your LUD change after the 1st FP received?

My LUD is 02/06/2003 message is 1st FP received....

ddaa2 said:
Khan and Lovensing,

Did your LUD change after the 1st FP received?

My LUD is 02/06/2003 message is 1st FP received....

They did change the message after they received the First FP in Feb 2002.

When I registered on USCIS site I was seeing the message for RFE received by VSC and when I changed address with USCIS the LUD changed after that.

BTW- today I received another letter via fax from VSC stating almost the same message

“Upon receipt of your letter requesting expeditious handling, this matter was reviewed and it met the criteria for special handling.

The petition/application will be reviewed and you should be receiving notification from this office very shortly."

I don’t know what to say.

Jan 02

My name check has not cleared yet.. so I guess the expedite request may not be applicable.

Any IDEA...?

I rcvd four emails from USCIS...
"On April 15, 2005, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283".....

God knows why NO approval.....

Does anyone know about this email....?
thx

hi gcfarmer,

sending expedite request is not much use with out clearing name/security check from fbi. Any how fax number is 802-527-4816. Try to contact your senator/congressmen. All the best.

ramaraovr said:
sending expedite request is not much use with out clearing name/security check from fbi. Any how fax number is 802-527-4816. Try to contact your senator/congressmen. All the best.
Hi ramaraovr,

Do u have any sample copy of email sent to FBI for Name Check enquiry?

If you have then could you please paste that in ur reply.

Thanks

hi np2005

send the email to fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov for fbi name check

in text: copy the bellow given text with your info:

Dear Officer,

I am the principal applicant for Adjustment Of Status / Permanent Residency (I-485) application pending with the USCIS in Vermont Service Center since xxxxx 2003.

My understanding is that my case may be waiting for a security name check to be performed by FBI on USCIS request.

I would appreciate a lot if you could help me to find out the status of this check for my dependants and me. You can write me, send e-mail, call or leave a voice mail using the contact information provided below.

Thank you very much for your efforts.

Applicants’ Case Information:

Name : xxxxxxxxx
DOB : xxxxxx
USCIS A# : xxxxxx

Address: xxxxx
xxxx
xxxxx

Email : xxxxx
Telephone: xxxxxx
Cell phone: xxxxxx

My spouse information :

Name : xxxxxxx
DOB : xxxxx
USCIS A#: xxxxxx

xxxx
xxxxxx

Telephone: xxxxx

Sincerely yours,

xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
ramaraovr said:
send the email to fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov for fbi name check

in sub: copy the bellow given text with your info:

Dear Officer,

I am the principal applicant for Adjustment Of Status / Permanent Residency (I-485) application pending with the USCIS in Vermont Service Center since xxxxx 2003.

My understanding is that my case may be waiting for a security name check to be performed by FBI on USCIS request.

I would appreciate a lot if you could help me to find out the status of this check for my dependants and me. You can write me, send e-mail, call or leave a voice mail using the contact information provided below.

Thank you very much for your efforts.

Applicants’ Case Information:

Name : xxxxxxxxx
DOB : xxxxxx
USCIS A# : xxxxxx

xxxx
xxxxx

Telephone: xxxxxx

My spouse information :