After receiving visa ?

rebecca79

Registered Users (C)
I am perplexed as in what should I do next. I am presently in the USA, waiting for the GC which seems to be a 100 years away, already have
AP n EAD.

I had applied for Canada immigration as a back up plan (in case we stayed retrogressed forever), like many people. Now I have the visa which is valid till June 2008.

I am not planning to give up on GC, yet. Want to wait for about a 1 or so more before I go back to my country or Canada. In the meanwhile we want to keep the canada option active. Thinking of going to canada next year and get the PR card.

My questions:
1. Can my USA GC process pose any kind of problem in landing or ?
2. I believe that I have to stay in Canada until I get my PR. True?
3. Will renting a place or hotel in count towards canada stay ?

I have millions of questions. Can anybody recommend a site/link where I can find answers to all my basic questions ?

1. Can my USA GC process pose any kind of problem in landing or ?
And - Nobody knows ans to this, people have written mixed reviews and
personal opinions rather than whats correct. Don't worry and do as it suits you.

2. I believe that I have to stay in Canada until I get my PR. True?
Ans Well you can give your friends or somebody else's address and then move back in US and have them send you back, otherwise stay there.

3. Will renting a place or hotel in count towards canada stay ?
Ans Not sure what you mean, is it after you get your PR then I think its contnous stay and if you prove your stay with receips etc.