after oathtaking, how long b4 i get my blue passport?

jazper28

Registered Users (C)
i have my oath taking to be an american citizen on sept 7. im just wondering if u guys can kindly help me know how long after my oath taking will i get my american passport?

Passport

It normally takes 6-8 weeks to get your passport. It can be expedited in some cases but you have to prove why you need it that quickly. Tickets , obituaries etc

No, you don't really need to prove a need to get expedited service. They do ask the date of your next trip outside the country, though. Not sure what happens if you leave that blank.

And, expedited service costs more (but gets you a passport in a week or two).

Passport

Flydog,
Thanks for the update. Didn't know you did not need proof. I may just go that route.

awesome, so its a sure thing that i would get my passport with a week n would not go over 2 weeks? also, where do i go to get my passport expidited?

jazper28 said:
awesome, so its a sure thing that i would get my passport with a week n would not go over 2 weeks? also, where do i go to get my passport expidited?

Expedited service is typically completed in a little under two weeks, but of course with the govt there is no such thing as a sure thing...

jazper28 said:

Expedited service normally takes about 2 weeks. However, if you have urgent need to travel and have proof of itenerary, you can get a passport within 2 days.

takadigi said:
Expedited service normally takes about 2 weeks. However, if you have urgent need to travel and have proof of itenerary, you can get a passport within 2 days.

Certainly - but you better have a *real* good reason when you present yourself at one of the passport service centers.

Easiest way for very fast (not the fastest way, but very fast). Show up at a post office. Pay for the passport + state department expediting. If you want to shave a few extra days, pay the post office for express mail both ways.

Read this: http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_832.html

You can fill in the form on the state department site and print out a nice pre-barcoded form. Then show up with the required pictures and the correct checks. My kid took just over 2 weeks (but included a demand from them for additional documentation (our marriage certificate)). My wife took just over a week.

Of course, since I haven't had my interview yet, I still don't have a US Passport.

You can get in one day in D.C.

You don't need proof to get an expedited passport. It takes about two weeks to process. You can get the passport in one day in certain processing centers, but you do have to show proof of immediate travel. A ticket is needed.

In D.C you can get it in one day so long as you provide proof that you will travel in lest than two weeks.

Cheers,

Newly

so is there neway i can get my pp by applying through dc?do i have to be there personally?or i can do it by phone or some other way. n get it within 2 or 3 days. if yes, how do i go about the procedure?

You have to be present to swear or affirm that all the information provided are true and correct. You can't do it any other way. Even if you were mailing it, you would have to be at the Post Office or the authorized passport center to sign the documents.

jazper28 said:
so is there neway i can get my pp by applying through dc?do i have to be there personally?or i can do it by phone or some other way. n get it within 2 or 3 days. if yes, how do i go about the procedure?

Just buy a ticket to Canada or Mexico, show the ticket and get your passport in a day. Then cancel your ticket. They will never know. Even if someone asks you later(which they will proabably never do), say you got sick and had to cancel the trip. But if you are really not travelling, why not wait for 2 weeks?