After Interview??

Nairji

Registered Users (C)
Me and my wife had an interview this morning,03/20 in st.louis office. No chitchat was possible with the officer. She wasn't rude either. She said will mail the letter of 'decision' later and could take upto an year.

My que is do the officer 'cancel' the visa after the interview, like she did for me? She said its bcoz of pending adjudication.

St.Louis INS

St.Louis INS people have decidedly become less friendly over the last year or so from my personal experience.

long waiting after interview in St. Louis

My wife and I had an interview on Nov. 19, 2002. After interview the immigration officer told us that she has requested my I-140 package from Nebraska center and she had to wait for that for approval. She told us it might take several months. Then I saw the adjudication frozen on the Internet. After freeze lift up I requested a senator's office to inquire my case status in Feb. I was told that I am under security check. I am still waiting.

Hearing your experience in St.Louis, I would think you would have been better of tranfering your case to KC. In KC my friend got approval notice on the 3rd day after the interview and got even his plasitc cards in three weeks.

I still think you will get your approval soon. Good luck.

You are right!

Lucky you and thanks, nairkk.

With the trips I made between stl and Jefferson City for inquiries, I could at last drive blindfolded. For me it was a pain in the spine(literally) and a pain in the butt.

Why Transfer ?

Nairji, bxhst

Do you know why your cases were transferred to St.Louis ?
Did you apply on the basis of marriage or employment ? or did you add on your spouse after filing I-485 ?

Add my spouse too. My lawyer did a bad job. She requested to inter-file my wife's I-485 with mine. So I waited for my wife's fingerprint for several months and then got transferred to St. Louis. I have a colleague in our company. He added his wife's I-485 later. Another lawyer processed his case. He got his case approved in time. INS did not put their cases together. Their cases looks like individual case. But INS did accept his wife's application before he got approved. This makes the difference of good and bad lawyers.

I'm not that lucky... I'm still waiting for my approval.....

I wrote "my friend" got approval from KC and received cards from Neb in 3 weeks .

here is my story:
got RFE 01/15. Employment, BC for me . Medical and marriage certificate (ours) for my son.

My lawyer sat on it for a month, finally sent reply on 02/19. INS got it on 02/22..one month over and still waiting for approval.

Good luck with your's....