After interview-what is N-14?

faten

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
My father went to his citizenship interview before 8 months. In his interview, they opened his very big file. He passed the English test.
After the interview, she said " you don't need to come here anymore, there won't be another interview". She asked him to send his 10 years income tax by mail.
The I\O gave him the N-652 and she checked in two boxes:
" follow the instruction in N-14 form" AND
" decision can not made yet".

What is N-14?
My daddy sent his income tax for the past 10 years.

Any comment will be greatly helpfull
Thank you

Hi Faten,
On seeing your time line i wonder how you become elligible to apply for N-400 on March,15,2013. Is your spouse USA citizen?. Where you married before March, 15, 2010?? What is permanent resident date in your GC ???

Your dad should have got N-14 at the time of interview or later and there would have been date by which he has to reply or provide documents asked for. Was he verbally told to provide Tax records or given a letter. That letter would have been on form N-14. I think it is high time your dad made INFOPASS and checked position of his N-400.

arun

Last edited by a moderator:
N-14 is just a request for info/request for evidence. I think you should not encounter problems. The form will explain what more documents are required and how you need to send them to USCIS.Online also you could check naturalization case status on USCIS website and decide your next step.