after Interview - hold by background checks

ybqcha

We filed family based GC application in May, 2008 and had our interview days before. The interview went smoothly but the IO said could not approve the case since it's being held due to background checks and we should be able to hear from them in 2 weeks. So far not update in the website and no letter.

1). the IO said we should hear from them in two weeks, is two week a very optimistic estimate?
2). does it mean the case offically stuck in name checking?
3). what's the best scenario? (need some encoragement :)

Thanks

we went thru the same thing except that the officer told us the day of the interview that we were approved but we have to wait for the name check to clear, which may take 2 weeks, 2 months or 2 years.
then after 5 months we received the green card on the mail, our attorney was calling every week to check on the status of the name check.
If you don't have an attorney, we suggest that you guys check once a while with your local office until you get a response, best of luck to you.:)

CAMILIA, thanks for your reply.

Seems it can take from days to years and the only thing can do is being patient.
Ahhhh! BE PATIENT ...

Just wonder are there others out there in the same situation?

Pray for the best and prepare for the worst :)

1). I-485 is being held because background checks, can I-130 be approved?
The IO said everything else was fine. I don't see any touches to the I-130

2). We paid $1010 for I-485, do we need to pay for renewing EAD, AP?

3). I-485 is being held by background checks, will this be a problem when renew EAD, AP?

4). Will moving to a different state mess up the process?

Many thanks